• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Since I haven't been paying close enough attention to this saga, is it confirmed the one we sent to the Big 12 was misspelled? If yes, we (USF) are idiots. If not, we (TBP) are idiots.

Apparently the one sent to the big 12 was not misspelled. It's believed that this was just a draft. 

However, the printed and finalized media guide for this season has severel typos. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'm trying to hold this thread to some sort of standard. Maybe you don't care, but I sure as hell do!

I'm not sure, and I don't think anybody is, what the Big XII has actually gotten from USF.  What we saw was in response to JK's public records request. Some insist it was a draft, but it could have just as easily been final, but not yet distributed. It is possible USF saw JK's tweet, rushed to fix the error, and re-sent it to JK within minutes. Who knows.

But USF athletics, and by extension USF fans, were let down today by our school and our supposed local media.  Someone needs to fix this to avoid further embarrassment, regardless of draft/final/records request status.  The error will only be magnified next time - I guarantee you JK, Fennelly, and everyone else will be taking a closer look at all future USF materials.

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Really GA!? You bald headed ****. I feel like our brother betrayed us....  Speaking of brother betrayal, did you guys know.... 

In the early 1990s, Leo Gallagher's younger brother, Ron, asked for permission to perform shows using Gallagher's signature produce-destroying Sledge-O-Matic. Leo consented on the condition that Ron made it clear in promotional materials that Leo Gallagher was not performing. After several years, Ron began promoting his act as "Gallagher Too" and sometimes even promoted his routine in a way that provided no indication that they weren’t seeing Leo perform. In August 2000, Leo sued Ron for trademark violations and false advertising. The courts sided with Leo, granting an injunction that prohibits Ron from performing any act that impersonates Leo

Go bulls! 

Also, **** Tampa media... 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

I guess Adobe suite doesn't have spell check.

As someone who uses Adobe InDesign on a regular basis, it does, but you still have to proof on a regular basis. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Apparently the one sent to the big 12 was not misspelled. It's believed that this was just a draft. 

However, the printed and finalized media guide for this season has severel typos. 

Ironic? Or intentional?

4 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

Ironic? Or intentional?

We should start checking each other's werk frum nao onn.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

22 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

As someone who uses Adobe InDesign on a regular basis, it does, but you still have to proof on a regular basis. 

Apparently USF Adobe suite users do not know how to use the program . 

User error. Sad our own employees have so many typos. 

Mia's annoying as it is I have auto-spell check enabled on my email, spell check it pops up before it will let me send. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

There has to be some agreement amongst all of the USF writers or something because Twitter is full of Fennely bash articles about it, Joey retweeting, Auman finding more typos in other publications and many of the other guys joining in. They have to all have said "we are gonna laugh it off amongst ourselves and make a bit about it," right? 

I just feel like I'm taking crazy pills. This was an FOIA request sent by the Times, in which they were required to send ALL publications including drafts, they received a draft, TWEETED it for the world to see and now are making fun of it as if it was the finished product? Like what the ****?! It was a draft! THAT YOU FORCED A REQUEST ON! The real one with graphics doesn't have any typos at all!!!  :furious3:

Greg's being his usual dickish self acting like he's just reporting facts when he's being disingenuous in bringing the media guide into it like it's a  piece of literature. I bet I can find a typo in almost every media guide in the country. Some of the other guys are friends with McMurphy from back when he got fired for unethical behavior. It really showed up when they all came to his defense when he picked the fight with Levitt. Even Duemig is one of his protectors.

Edited by ToroDeFuego
  • Upvote 1

You mean this Duemig? Is he sad because of a typo?

Look out! It's the BIG DOG! WOOF WOOF! "As far as that's concerned..." (takes a shot)

duemigbig.jpg

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

The Daily Stampede linked the video and two documents that were also released with the publication. None of which have misspelled words. However, it's anyone's guess as if there were multiple versions and these were the official ones (that are being conveniently not talked about) or if JK's tweet made athletics realize the mistake after the fact.

http://www.thedailystampede.com/2016/8/16/12505704/usf-s-big-xii-presentation-materials-released#comments

All of the materials are actually really awesome. Not sure how we feel about sharing articles from other sites, but I figured if it wasn't behind a paywall it's good to go.