• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

WTF, Giorgio??? Could have gotten this baby to 1000 by Sunday if you had just minded your own business ...

maybe he was scared the mob was going to burn the place down :angrymob::WVUonFire::angrymob:

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

There are really 2 scenarios that this letter fits...

1. We're not getting in, but, it's a publicity deal to let the fanbase know that we were trying. I don't think that is it.

2. We are in very serious consideration at this point. There is a different set of standards when it comes to a public institution. Our representatives I am sure have been working behind the scenes to discuss options with the Big 12 since all of this started, however, as a public university, if you put anything in writing, it is public. So, usually these things are kept to phone calls and meetings until it would no longer be detrimental to release it to the public. If you send a letter like this and don't get in, you look like an arse clown to your fan base, and you are now known to be disrespectful of your current conference. Not an ideal scenario. This is the whole reason that there are search firms for high profile coaching searches and things like this, they don't have the same public records requirements. So, USF hires search firm X to hire a new basketball coach. Search firm X talks to 36 candidates. Media hears about 5 of them through the candidates themselves who are looking for the attention. 30 candidates stay at their current job, one comes to USF as the new coach. No one gets embarrassed.

With all of that said, seeing this letter gives me some hope. Not saying that we are in, but, I would think the formal letter indicates that we're on some sort of short-list and our odds are better than we all thought 2 days ago.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

One thing pointed out in the article and letter is there are a lot of retirees/Big 12 school alumni area. Then he points out that FL is Gator and Seminole Territory. 

I am pretty sure that when USF is playing a Big 12 school, those alumni are not watching Florida vs Kentucky.  And when West Virginia is in town we have already seen there fans would come to Ray Jay in force rather than stay home to watch FSU play Wake Forest. 

So, big deal that we had a few down seasons. Every program will eventually. On the field results will go up and down. All the other things listed as positives are only going to continue to improve. 

I wonder if there are any Big 12 alumni in The Bay Area with enough clout to add to our presentation? 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

1. We're not getting in, but, it's a publicity deal to let the fanbase know that we were trying. I don't think that is it.

2. We are in very serious consideration at this point. There is a different set of standards when it comes to a public institution. Our representatives I am sure have been working behind the scenes to discuss options with the Big 12 since all of this started, however, as a public university, if you put anything in writing, it is public. So, usually these things are kept to phone calls and meetings until it would no longer be detrimental to release it to the public. If you send a letter like this and don't get in, you look like an arse clown to your fan base, and you are now known to be disrespectful of your current conference. Not an ideal scenario. This is the whole reason that there are search firms for high profile coaching searches and things like this, they don't have the same public records requirements. So, USF hires search firm X to hire a new basketball coach. Search firm X talks to 36 candidates. Media hears about 5 of them through the candidates themselves who are looking for the attention. 30 candidates stay at their current job, one comes to USF as the new coach. No one gets embarrassed.

With all of that said, seeing this letter gives me some hope. Not saying that we are in, but, I would think the formal letter indicates that we're on some sort of short-list and our odds are better than we all thought 2 days ago.

This letter feels like we got caught cheating on our psycho but polite girl friend with a slightly better looking but also psycho gold digger.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Of course the university knew this letter would be made public.  This isn't the first public records request it's received and while we're especially interested in the subject matter, hardly the most controversial.

The AAC knows we're interested.  Nothing secret or potentially embarrassing there.  In fact, Aresco has basically said that if an AAC schools departs for the Big XII he understands and there would be no hard feelings.

No need to over-analyze the letter although there's so little else to analyze, it's hard not to.  But the bottom line is this is just one step in the process and it suggests nothing more to me than we want to participate in that process.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

This is how I see it also.  Nice reading between the lines.  I am not saying we are in but we are under consideration and that is more than we could say with any certainty a couple of days ago.

USF plays everything close to the vest so we don't disrespect our conference and so we look like we are confident in what we have to offer.  This public declaration is significant.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Of course the university knew this letter would be made public.  This isn't the first public records request it's received and while we're especially interested in the subject matter, hardly the most controversial.

The AAC knows we're interested.  Nothing secret or potentially embarrassing there.  In fact, Aresco has basically said that if an AAC schools departs for the Big XII he understands and there would be no hard feelings.

No need to over-analyze the letter although there's so little else to analyze, it's hard not to.  But the bottom line is this is just one step in the process and it suggests nothing more to me than we want to participate in that process.

I agree.  The only thing I would like to add is there is a difference between notifying the AAC behind closed doors and announcing it publicly.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, mark_my_words said:

I agree.  The only thing I would like to add is there is a difference between notifying the AAC behind closed doors and announcing it publicly.  

I agree that USF has slightly more "skin in the game" by putting its interest on paper.  But not much more.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The star quarterback asked us to drop our panties so that he could inspect the goods before taking USF out on a date. We dropped our panties. 

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, DELdaBull said:

The star quarterback asked us to drop our panties so that he could inspect the goods before taking USF out on a date. We dropped our panties. 

Actually, we're the ugly chick and this is the backup QB.