• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Bbq there is great. If they want a Bbq rival , We're screwed 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

I'm getting nervous. Are we better off in the AAC and avoiding the Big 12 dumpster fire when Texas and Oklahoma bolt after the tv deal goes into the toilet?

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Who is going to take Texas?   That Long Horn Network is a double edge sword. 

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

It's amazing what espn and fox could do to make it easier to swallow that network deal... Just to weed out a conference and get to 4.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

31 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

Maybe it's just me. I'm just curious how Memphis, who aside from last year has been irrelevant in football, is suddenly this hot commodity?  Granted they field a competitive basketball team, not as good as calapari had, but good.  What else do they bring to the table?  Academically they are sub-par, not a top media market, and Olympic sports are average (unless I missed something).  Is this solely about Fed-Ex money?  Seems a bit off to me.

That's the sense I'm getting out of it so far. Negotiate Memphis/Houston entrance for severely reduced TV $ share, pocket the extra, grab a sponsorship from FedEx, some land for UT, and ride that pony into the ground. When TV deal falls apart or something better comes along, UT, OU, OKST, etc. can bolt and let the B12 fall apart.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think the network will work a deal for two (BYU being one) or they will pay $ for Big12 to stay as is. Regardless, I don't think four teams is much in play any more. The AAC will not take a substantive hit in numbers. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

I'm getting nervous. Are we better off in the AAC and avoiding the Big 12 dumpster fire when Texas and Oklahoma bolt after the tv deal goes into the toilet?

I'd think B12. You're at least going to pocket extra money, get better exposure games, and build your brand. Worst case scenario, if the TV deal falls apart, you're going to be in the same position you were in before the B12. If the B12 collapses completely and no Power conference wants you by that point, any of the G5 conferences will take you in order to try to bring more legitimacy to the conference and you'd probably even be able to negotiate a higher TV share than the other members.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

So you think NCAA championship = NFL championship?  

And why are you trying to insult me?

1) No, not really. But you made the comparison, not me. Either way, more teams have won an NCAA championship in the last 30 years than the NFL. So if we are comparing the two, the numbers say you're going to see a different team win won more often than the other.

2) You also made the comment about an aristocracy.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

30 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1) No, not really. But you made the comparison, not me. Either way, more teams have won an NCAA championship in the last 30 years than the NFL. So if we are comparing the two, the numbers say you're going to see a different team win won more often than the other.

2) You also made the comment about an aristocracy.

1) I apparently got your fuzzies in a wuddle because I said the NFL is more egalitarian than CFB.  The point of my comparison is that every team in the NFL has the same access to a true championship (not just a top ranking).  That's simply not the case in CFB.  USF is not a blue blood program in a blue blood conference; even if it goes undefeated it would likely never sniff a CFB playoff.  Do you disagree?  I mean, are you really arguing with me over this?

2) It's true, Jtrue, that I improperly used the word aristocracy, when what I should have used was the word monarchy.  You got me, you sly devil!  

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

1) I apparently got your fuzzies in a wuddle because I said the NFL is more egalitarian than CFB.  The point of my comparison is that every team in the NFL has the same access to a true championship (not just a top ranking).  That's simply not the case in CFB.  USF is not a blue blood program in a blue blood conference; even if it goes undefeated it would likely never sniff a CFB playoff.  Do you disagree?  I mean, are you really arguing with me over this?

2) It's true, Jtrue, that I improperly used the word aristocracy, when what I should have used the word monarchy.  You got me, you sly devil!  

1) Yes. I do. If USF goes undefeated this year they will absolutely make the playoff.

2) I wasn't being sly. It was the wrong word. I was pretty open about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1