• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry if that was already posted.  I would guess 4 have been decided and USF and UCF are 5 and 6. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

No, I just want to know how you know these "facts" that are still in the future and haven't happened yet.  I am not saying you will be wrong, but I don't see too many people calling things facts that there is no evidence for yet.

Ms. Cleo died recently so we know she couldn't be your source.  So tell us what is.  

His point is IF we get left behind, which seems highly likely, things will become very very bad.  He's right

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

His point is IF we get left behind, which seems highly likely, things will become very very bad.  He's right

I fully understand his point, but ifs are not facts.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

55 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Believe what you want to believe.  I look at reality, and the sooner we all do that the better.  Listen, I hope I am wrong.  I would be ecstatic if I was wrong.  I do know that USF is working hard quietly behind the scenes and are pulling out every stop.  I am not saying they aren't.  But let's look at reality once again.  There are 4 spots.  Texas and Texas Tech are openly advocating for Houston.  Every major politician in Texas is advocating for Houston.  They are in.  BYU is a national program with a lot of history and a 60,000 seat stadium that they fill every week.  They are in.  WVU needs someone close by.  Cincinnati brings a good market, decent recruiting, a better football history than USF, and a better basketball program.  They are in.  The Big 12 could look to Florida at 14, but it isn't likely.  And even if they did, it's totally possibly it could be UCF and not USF.  Most likely is UConn with a national championship caliber basketball program.  And, to a lesser extent Memphis.  Which schools do you think will get the votes.  BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and UConn...or USF.

That's why it was so critical for USF to get off to a fast start this year to be fresh in the minds of Big 12 decision makers, but now, that won't even happen, most likely.

I know USF has tons of selling points.  I know what they are.  We all do, but let's all be realistic about what the chances are.  Currently at less that 2%, in my opinion.  OK so I will be generous and say 5% chance. 

I agree with everything you have said except the 4 teams will be BYU (football only) and Houston, Cincy, Memphis.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I have an important prediction:

This thread has been around for 4 years and by my crude math we average about 200 (194) pages a year.  

If this it wraps up in 30 days I don't see 1000 pages happening.  

**** you, man!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Great article on expansion. 

https://frankthetank.me/2016/07/29/the-return-of-conference-realignment-summer-of-big-12-cya-expansion/

" If the Big 12 really believes that getting into the Florida market is truly what is best for their long-term interests, then it ought to add both of UCF and USF. Otherwise, adding only one of those schools is simply going to provide a Florida outpost on paper without really gaining any legitimate market share. The league simply can’t compete in the state of Florida in a half-assed manner with such dominant pre-existing competition from the SEC and ACC. Once again, market share means much more than market size in this particular analysis. This is an all-or-nothing proposition for the Big 12.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, but that wouldn't be the Big 12's problem, would it ........ until the tv contract is up?

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Wouldn't it be right away?  More mouths to feed, even if new teams get a smaller share, means the money has to come from somewhere. 

I guess I'm confused as to how this works. I thought it was if the B12 adds the teams, the contract goes up by whatever amount, no other factors involved. The problem would come when time to sign new contract and the networks lost money on the old one ...... that's not correct?

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

It's not gloom, it's reality.  USF will be playing blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

You're right, It's not gloom. (Quote edited for clarity)

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

58 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I didn't want to do this, but apparently you haven't figured out that I am asking you to back up YOUR asserted "facts."

I've neither said you were wrong, nor have I said I have any kind of detailed information as to why you'd be wrong.  

You are the one asserting facts, not me.  The responsibility is YOURS to prove your case based on facts and odds of certain things happening that you alone are aware of.  

Until you do so, I'm going to assume your posts along these lines have been emotional, unsubstantial rants unworthy of further comment.  

OK, here you go -

FACT 1:  Texas and Texas Tech have openly campaigned supporting Houston into the B12

FACT 2:  Texas  is enormously powerful and holds tremendous sway in the Big 12, and especially the Texas voting bloc of Big 12

FACT 3:  All the major politicians in Texas are openly campaigning for Houston.

FACT 4:  It was politics that got Baylor into the Big 12 back when the Big 12 was established.

FACT 5:  WVU would like a neighbor closer to their location and have openly stated so on several occasions.

FACT 6:  Several B12 presidents have said they support a Cincinnati addition as seen by emails in FOIA requests.

FACT 7:  Cincinnati has more football history and success than we do, and also way more basketball success.

FACT 8:  BYU has more football history than all other schools being considered, dwarfing programs like USF in that area

FACT 9:  BYU has a national fan base and fills a stadium that holds 60,000 every week.

FACT 10:  UConn has a national championship caliber men's and women's basketball program.

FACT 11:  UCF has won a BCS bowl game recently, within the past 3 years, and has several conference championships (something we don't have).  

I could go on with about 10 more facts, but you get the idea.  These are not "MY" asserted facts as you say, they are THE facts.