• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Saw chatter that Big 12 is reaching out to arizona schools, this after they put off expansion to wait for ACC teams to join them....they do not want us, they think they are better than us, but in the end they may be stuck with us

I don't see either Arizona or Arizona State leaving the Pac 12.  I don't really give that chatter much credence.  It started in the earlier this year.  It wouldn't be until after the grant of rights ended in 2024.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Tuxedo Yoda and Skywalker Mhver have spoken, it's going to happen!!!!!!!!! :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Cincy, USF/UCF (equal right now unfortunately, and will probably be a package, but a coin toss for best guess if only one is picked), and Houston/UConn (also equal in footing) in that order. Memphis is probably 6th in this whole thing tied with CSU. We may very well get passed over, but I just don't see how Memphis passes up the schools I listed ahead of them.

10 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I think the only chance USF gets in is if the Big 12 goes to 14 teams and USF/UCF are a package deal. Can't see them taking one without the other. And even if they go to 14 strong arguments can be made Cincinnati, BYU and Memphis being ahead of USF.

What argument besides just screaming basketball could be made to add Memphis over USF? Humor me

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17115091/big-12-football-coaches-favor-houston-cougars-byu-cougars-expansion-espn-poll-shows

Well I know how much we all trust ESPN sources, but does this concern anyone? USF got zero votes from the Big 12 coaches themselves

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

3 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/17115091/big-12-football-coaches-favor-houston-cougars-byu-cougars-expansion-espn-poll-shows

Well I know how much we all trust ESPN sources, but does this concern anyone? USF got zero votes from the Big 12 coaches themselves

UCF got only one.  Also, can't imagine at all why Memphis would get 4 votes.  They suck as a football program historically and will be crap again with no Fuentes or Lynch.  If I was a B12 coach, I'd take Navy over Mumphus every time.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Coaches want to play games closer to home, that explains the results.

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Proximity to the conference footprint, 47k average football attendance last year, basketball success (as you mentioned), Fed Ex support, solid recruiting area.

Sellular pretty much nailed it. Maybe they come back and do something of significance this year? But we just saw a team in this conference collapse after their star QB got drafted, (UCF) AND they lost their coach. Remember where USF went when we got a new coach? Memphis has NEVER been good at football. Their recruiting area is nowhere near Tampa's, and frankly, their basketball hasn't been that great since Calipari. Not saying they are hot trash, but looking at the overall picture, USF isn't potential. It has literally been proven within the last decade where this program can be at. Memphis is a 100% gamble

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

16 minutes ago, NavyUSFGuy said:

It deserves some level of concern, but remember the audience. These are coaches. Coaches aren't brokering the deal for new conference mates. Obviously coaches in TX and OK want to travel less, so Houston makes sense as far as they're concerned. The president's may disagree when they see projections that Houston doesn't increase their bottom line much.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

one more note, Hillsborough County is the fastest growing county in the whole country... and one of the few areas adding cable users.

*Grasping at straws...

• Upvote 1