• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I am not shocked. It seems that every time something positive comes along for USF, someone posts a negative article to detract or minimize USF. It never fails. :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

COA may have just screwed USF over with his program's alleged academic fraud, if it in fact happened.  Could not have come at a worse time.  Decisions are being made now.  This looks absolutely terrible.

If there was fraud, he should be canned yesterday if not sooner.  Notice I did say if.

Yes we have to keep that if going until it becomes official, but I've not been happy with much of what Antigua has done here and haven't been from the get go.  Zero improvement has been shown under him, and this could be the holy grail. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

3 minutes ago, mark_my_words said:

I don't know any such thing without doing the analysis of the numbers and determining a break even point.  In other words how much does a school have to make in order to increase their bottom line against, say, increased travel costs?  What are the revenue projections of increased tickets sales for playing the new teams vs the existing ones?  Are their penalties for breaking our contract with the AAC?

It could very well be profitable for us if we get 5 mil a year.  We would still ask for 20 mil but at least we could know how low we could go for it to make sense for us in case there was a bidding war. 

Since the AAC's charter was an over write of the Big Easts, I think we still have to give a 27 month notification prior to exiting. So yes, I expect there would be a penalty.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

How much of that Exit Money from the rest of the schools that left, do we still have?

Edited by Bullschmutz

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I am not shocked. It seems that every time something positive comes along for USF, someone posts a negative article to detract or minimize USF. It never fails. :icon_drink:

Comes with being a Bulls fan

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

Fraud investigation... Seriously? 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Big 12 and four letter network already knows who they want and who they don't want.  Now they just have to make it like they did their due deligence and put nice bow on it.  And we head back to kids table to eat chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese.  

All of the articles you read hardly ever mention USF.  If a Florida school is mentioned it's the clowns in Orlando coming off an Ofer season.  This has all been preordained.  

Hang tough Bulls fans!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It can be a money grab by the B12 and still end up being a financial improvement for any new members.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

We are going to get hammered in the Twitterverse.  Best to lay low for awhile.