• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Here's what a poster called HeadsetGuy posted on the CSN site.  I have not been able to verity this.

RE: Sun Herald: Could Big 12 expansion send USM to AAC?

Now SI is getting into the talk...they have 5. BYU, 4. Memphis 3. Houston 2. Cincinnati and laughingly 1. USF

The bold play I think for the Big XII is go ahead and get 4 teams (the report said their analytics researched up to 16 teams).

For funsies I'll have them taking Cincy, Houston UCF and USF

This will give all the P5 the membership they want (for a while); the MAC AAC CUSA and Sunbelt then could reconstitute logically.

Zero % chance of logic breaking out.

http://fansided.com/2016/05/04/big-12-expansion-five-teams-best-fit/

boom, found it. doesn't mean a whole lot, but dammit it's something 

Edited by maketheamericangreatagain

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Here's what a poster called HeadsetGuy posted on the CSN site.  I have not been able to verity this.

RE: Sun Herald: Could Big 12 expansion send USM to AAC?

Now SI is getting into the talk...they have 5. BYU, 4. Memphis 3. Houston 2. Cincinnati and laughingly 1. USF

The bold play I think for the Big XII is go ahead and get 4 teams (the report said their analytics researched up to 16 teams).

For funsies I'll have them taking Cincy, Houston UCF and USF

This will give all the P5 the membership they want (for a while); the MAC AAC CUSA and Sunbelt then could reconstitute logically.

Zero % chance of logic breaking out.

Could you imagine the meltdown in Storrs if your funsies :FIREdevil:happened?  

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe we can write up a template that we can all copy and paste to send to Harlan?

Dear Harlan,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am a little concerned that nothing is being done about trying to ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:

Maybe we can write up a template that we can all copy and paste to send to Harlan?

Dear Harlan,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am a little concerned that nothing is being done about trying to ...

...demand that we, the University of South Florida, start receiving revenue equal or greater to the University of Texas, University of Oklahoma, Florida State University, the University of Miami, and many other football programs we have earned the right to be on par with. You may not know this as the Athletic Director of a Division 1 university, but there are currently 5 conferences that make more money than the rest and wield more influence over the rest of the Football Bowl Subdivision than the others. These so-called Power Five have been unfairly trying to secure more money and exposure for themselves and have little to no interest in giving it to those outside those who they deem worthy. Consider this letter a call to action. I demand that you immediately inform the Big 12 that USF should be included in their upcoming conference expansion. This is a very serious matter and your lack of public discourse on USF's inclusion in the Big 12 strikes me as a sign of incompetence. I, as a graduate of USF, deserve to know every single thing you are currently doing to force the Big 12 to offer us membership and any silence on your part will be taken as a sign of your lack of knowledge on the matter and its significance to the athletic program going forward. 

Sincerely,

(insert name here)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

...demand that we, the University of South Florida, start receiving revenue equal or greater to the University of Texas, University of Oklahoma, Florida State University, the University of Miami, and many other football programs we have earned the right to be on par with. You may not know this as the Athletic Director of a Division 1 university, but there are currently 5 conferences that make more money than the rest and wield more influence over the rest of the Football Bowl Subdivision than the others. These so-called Power Five have been unfairly trying to secure more money and exposure for themselves and have little to no interest in giving it to those outside those who they deem worthy. Consider this letter a call to action. I demand that you immediately inform the Big 12 that USF should be included in their upcoming conference expansion. This is a very serious matter and your lack of public discourse on USF's inclusion in the Big 12 strikes me as a sign of incompetence. I, as a graduate of USF, deserve to know every single thing you are currently doing to force the Big 12 to offer us membership and any silence on your part will be taken as a sign of your lack of knowledge on the matter and its significance to the athletic program going forward. 

Sincerely,

(insert name here)

Still waiting for the Judy version so I can send both!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Sincerely,

(insert name here)

Sent and I signed it "Ticketless!" as I'm sure my ticket renewal will be denied upon receipt. :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Im sorry but how the hell is USF not in this discussion but UCF is???? Cause of a few down years???? Because of that stadium they have? I saw plenty of games where their stadium was half empty....what the hell has happened to us since the Leavitt incident?!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Im sorry but how the hell is USF not in this discussion but UCF is???? Cause of a few down years???? Because of that stadium they have? I saw plenty of games where their stadium was half empty....what the hell has happened to us since the Leavitt incident?!

I'm going to pretend you're drunk and think these people you're reading have actual information guiding their articles.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

CJL caused the collapse of USF football, USF basketball, and the BE!

and heard he was the man on the grassy knoll,  burried Jimmy Hoffa and was indirectly involved in the housing market collapse. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

...demand that we, the University of South Florida, start receiving revenue equal or greater to the University of Texas, University of Oklahoma, Florida State University, the University of Miami, and many other football programs we have earned the right to be on par with. You may not know this as the Athletic Director of a Division 1 university, but there are currently 5 conferences that make more money than the rest and wield more influence over the rest of the Football Bowl Subdivision than the others. These so-called Power Five have been unfairly trying to secure more money and exposure for themselves and have little to no interest in giving it to those outside those who they deem worthy. Consider this letter a call to action. I demand that you immediately inform the Big 12 that USF should be included in their upcoming conference expansion. This is a very serious matter and your lack of public discourse on USF's inclusion in the Big 12 strikes me as a sign of incompetence. I, as a graduate and financial supporter of USF Athletics, deserve to know every single thing you are currently doing to force the Big 12 to offer us membership and any silence on your part will be taken as a sign of your lack of knowledge on the matter and its significance to the athletic program going forward. 

Sincerely,

(insert name here)

Tweaked it just a little because if you have no financial stake right now, you shouldn't have a voice ..... Plus, although you intimated it fairly well, more bluntness about his job being on the line could be a motivator.