• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

We shall see if the AAC can pick up any Mountain West schools to replace Cincy & Uconn. 

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

"As I’ve written, UC and UConn are the front-runners for any open spots, but word I get is a third option is Central Florida. There is also some sentiment for Houston and Memphis, but if the league wishes to dive into Florida, UCF seems the leader. In Tampa, however, South Florida officials aren’t giving up. The Tampa Bay Times recently requested any correspondence between athletic director Mark Harlan and/or school president Judy Genshaft and the Big 12. The newspaper was told none exists, but Harlan said “suffice to say that I am always in contact with leaders in our industry and always will remain so."

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/article/20160308/GZ02/160309501

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting take on why the Big 12 needs expansion. And for non readers, USF is mentioned.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2016/3/8/11179814/big-12-commissioner-we-must-address-our-future

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Interesting take on why the Big 12 needs expansion. And for non readers, USF is mentioned.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2016/3/8/11179814/big-12-commissioner-we-must-address-our-future

Yes USF is mentioned with a backhanded swipe at our viability as a contributor to any Big 12 Network.

"And that makes the American Athletic Conference very, very nervous, since the programs seen as prime expansion candidates are from the AAC.  South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, Cincinnati even Connecticut are the names most mentioned. Maybe you can wring 10 cents a subscriber out of the carriers in Florida for the 4th and 5th most popular programs in the state, but I doubt it."

Painting USF and UCF as the Number 4 and 5 schools in the state despite several recent surveys showing both tied with or ahead of Miami in following within the demographics of those surveyed. It further doubts that USF and UCF combined could garner 10 cents from subscribers within the state. That's an insult but, I digress.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

16 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Yes USF is mentioned with a backhanded swipe at our viability as a contributor to any Big 12 Network.

"And that makes the American Athletic Conference very, very nervous, since the programs seen as prime expansion candidates are from the AAC.  South Florida, Central Florida, Houston, Cincinnati even Connecticut are the names most mentioned. Maybe you can wring 10 cents a subscriber out of the carriers in Florida for the 4th and 5th most popular programs in the state, but I doubt it."

Painting USF and UCF as the Number 4 and 5 schools in the state despite several recent surveys showing both tied with or ahead of Miami in following within the demographics of those surveyed. It further doubts that USF and UCF combined could garner 10 cents from subscribers within the state. That's an insult but, I digress.

Texas big12

Texas A&M SEC

Texas Tech big 12

TCU big 12

Baylor big 12

In a big state such as texas and florida, the number 4 and 5 schools still have value. 

In california the PAC has, 

USC

Stanford

California

Ucla

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, Knightfan41 said:

So this guy is out there spouting off but probably another Tuxedo Yoda...

Twitter about Expansion

This must be your first time on his Twitter page.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This must be your first time on his Twitter page.

I generally don't do twitter, but this popped up in my news feed.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

15 minutes ago, Knightfan41 said:

I generally don't do twitter, but this popped up in my news feed.

Here's all you need to know. His prediction, based on his sources, has realignment looking like this when all the moves he's got the inside information on happen:

ACC - Wake, Syracuse, Pitt, Memphis, USF, UCF, ECU, Houston, SMU, Temple, Army, Navy

Big 12 - Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU, West Virginia, Cincinnati, UConn, FSU. Clemson, Miami, Louisville

SEC - Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, TAMU, Arkansas, LSU, Vanderbilt, UF, South Carolina, Mizzou, MSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky, VA Tech, NC State

Big 10 - OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Iowa, IU, Penn State, NW, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, UNC, UVA, Duke, BC, Notre Dame

PAC 10 - unchanged

*He also says there are talks with Netflix.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83

31 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Here's all you need to know. His prediction, based on his sources, has realignment looking like this when all the moves he's got the inside information on happen:

ACC - Wake, Syracuse, Pitt, Memphis, USF, UCF, ECU, Houston, SMU, Temple, Army, Navy

Big 12 - Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU, West Virginia, Cincinnati, UConn, FSU. Clemson, Miami, Louisville

SEC - Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, TAMU, Arkansas, LSU, Vanderbilt, UF, South Carolina, Mizzou, MSU, Ole Miss, Kentucky, VA Tech, NC State

Big 10 - OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Iowa, IU, Penn State, NW, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, UNC, UVA, Duke, BC, Notre Dame

PAC 10 - unchanged

Interesting.  Not a horrible outcome if it were true, but not the best either.  I would have to think in some ways it would be superior to having to go to Texas every other game.