• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Can someone explain the focus on UCONN? I just don't get it. I know this the same issue as Rutgers and tv viewers but no one will watch. This is NFL territory. Further, you are creating another island team. Last, their football program is bad. I know basketball is "good" but do you expand based on basketball? No! If USF should lose out to UCONN this would be unforgivable toward the USF Athletics and the administration. Somehow, I think UCONN is nothing more than media conjecture. 

I personally think its who ever is whispering sweet nothings into the Big12 ears with more $$$.   ESPN likely wants to keep FOX out of Florida so they are pushing the Big12 towards Cincy and BYU/UConn (as back up if BYU can't be worked out), while FOX likely wants into Florida bad and is pushing the UCF/USF combo.  

On 2/19/2016 at 5:15 PM, Bull-Hornz said:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14800411/a-roundtable-big-12-big-summer-hey-florida-state

"Dinich: I feel like we're throwing darts. What about South Florida? I mean, what in the world did the Big Ten get out of Maryland and Rutgers besides geography and markets? What exactly is the priority in expansion? "

Hooray...lol.

It simply doesn't make sense to me that more teams wouldn't be on board with expansion.  I can understand Texas being against it, but TCU/Kansas St/Iowa St/Baylor/WVU (and possibly Okie St/Texas Tech) all stand to lose big time if the conference folds.  There's no life raft for those teams and they'll be stuck seeking out the AAC or MWC.  Expanding to 12 teams doesn't really change anything if they'd like to still try to pry away teams from the ACC in 4-5 years (which I doubt happens).  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

40 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

It simply doesn't make sense to me that more teams wouldn't be on board with expansion.  I can understand Texas being against it, but TCU/Kansas St/Iowa St/Baylor/WVU (and possibly Okie St/Texas Tech) all stand to lose big time if the conference folds.  There's no life raft for those teams and they'll be stuck seeking out the AAC or MWC.  Expanding to 12 teams doesn't really change anything if they'd like to still try to pry away teams from the ACC in 4-5 years (which I doubt happens).  

The Big East, part deaux

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Maybe the AAC should be proactive and invite Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kansas, and K-State.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Maybe the AAC should be proactive and invite Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kansas, and K-State.

I like it!

Well, just saw on Twitter, rumors floating that NIU, WKU, La Tech and Southern Miss contacted by AAC for possible expansion.  So apparently they are being proactive expecting a loss of 2-4 teams.  Can't say I'm too excited about any of those teams if we get left behind.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

7 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

Well, just saw on Twitter, rumors floating that NIU, WKU, La Tech and Southern Miss contacted by AAC for possible expansion.  So apparently they are being proactive expecting a loss of 2-4 teams.  Can't say I'm too excited about any of those teams if we get left behind.  

yup.. just thinking back to the good ole days in the BCS Big East.

WV- gone

Syracuse-gone

Pitt-gone

Louisville-gone

Rutgers-gone

Cincy-soon to be gone

UConn-soon to be gone

USF- STUCK

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

19 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

I just saw on Twitter that Shane McMahon came back to WWE.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

36 minutes ago, Bullshiznitz said:

EDIT:  I have no idea who this Dan Figurelli person is, and whether or not anything he says is remotely close to being semi-facutal.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not believing anything unless Tuxedo Yoda can confirm it.  He's ALWAYS right on these things. hahaha

• Upvote 1