• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, CPR said:

This is wrong. It happened last time and it could happen again, whether it's us again or UCF this time.

We are a package deal.  Even Harlan knows that (although I am not sure he has said so publicly).  Everything has changed so much since "last time" that is irrelevant.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

When the Big East expanded we were light years ahead of UCF. They were in the MAC for football and the Atlantic Sun for everything else. They were not even on the Big East's radar. 

Now, we are pretty close. They have won some conference championships, better facilities than they had before and we both play at the same level of competition. 

It would be unfair to compare now to then (I am not disagreeing with your point that one school may go without the other, but the "its happened before" argument may not apply.)

Actually as a history lesson originally the Big East was going to offer UCF a football only membership.  But as Boston College bailed the basketball schools wanted a school with a better basketball program which USF had.  so at that point UCF actually was on the radar for football.  If you were to go back in time on this message board you will probably find messages from UCF fans boasting of the football only membership to the Big East.  That eventually soured on us as USF got the invite. 

I am pretty sure that the B12 is not going to look to Florida for additions.  If they do it will be for #13 an #14.  It makes no sense for just one of the schools to be added.  It creates an island, and I don't think Disney or Universal or the beach will have anything to do with it either.  It will come down to TV markets and how much of those markets the programs can deliver. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, CPR said:

This is wrong. It happened last time and it could happen again, whether it's us again or UCF this time.

Completely different scenario:

It happened last time because the conference already had a team in the (relative) area, and the conference was geographically based

This time the conference in question has had no team anywhere in the area, ever. 

Plus they are located, in general, much farther than what the BEast was.

Plus they are already having issues with one team "on an island" and much of the expansion talk is about dealing with that issue.

Doesn't make much sense to expand to fix that issue and at the same time create the same problem with a team even further away.

Edited by Dogma

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Knightfan41 said:

Actually as a history lesson originally the Big East was going to offer UCF a football only membership.  But as Boston College bailed the basketball schools wanted a school with a better basketball program which USF had.  so at that point UCF actually was on the radar for football.

Actually, real lessons are backed up by facts. That "lesson" is what this awesome thread is chock full of ....... unfounded rumors.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Dixie Bull said:

Perfect place. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually, real lessons are backed up by facts. That "lesson" is what this awesome thread is chock full of ....... unfounded rumors.

I am sure if you care to search the archives it will confirm my statement. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Dixie Bull said:

Same story, different day.  I am sure there have been lots of conversations with Judy, Hitt and every other potential candidate and they are all offering the same thing,

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Dixie Bull said:

Wait-What-Meme-08.jpg

Cincinnati would rather be in the Big 12 than the AAC? Whoa... I'm going to need some time to process this.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Slow news day, apparently. "Report: X school president wants to move to the Big 12"

Fill in the "X" with any school in the AAC.