• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It gets colder in Orlando. But there's no excuse for women's soccer being the laughing stock of our athletic department.

Last year they were 3rd in the conference and 5th the year before that

Not exactly laughing stock material

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Women's soccer 1-8-1

Hockey 3-22-1

You got us on women's soccer, but can we keep it to varsity sports and not club sports?

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

If ur the big 12 wouldn't u be taking a huge risk in taking only 1 school. Say u take ucf only and they completely fall apart. Now what do u do if your the big 12 unless u already know that the league is disbanding which in that case it wouldn't matter but that could be an entirely different matter all together

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Women's soccer 1-8-1

Hockey 3-22-1

You got us on women's soccer, but can we keep it to varsity sports and not club sports?

My fault.  I remembered the IceBulls and brought up the club sport as a joke.  

Unless you think our poor record against UCiF will hurt our chances to get into the B12?  :)

Actually, their web page is awfully impressive.  Someone puts a lot of work into keeping this up to date.

http://pointstreaksites.com/view/icebulls/home-page-1054

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Reference a few posts up, but I read a quick article on the GOL-as-interim-AD today in the breakroom (Slantinel) that said one of the UCF president's reasons for installing GOL is that he is about the only name-brand face that anyone in the P5 would recognize, so it should help their P5 upgrade prospects. Goes on to say how much he doesn't fit the mold for an AD...no kidding, LOL, and he'd probably be one of the first in line to admit it. If I'm in a P5 board for expansion, I think "hmm, they went that far? Let's see how we can toy with these kids".

They installed GOL as AD on the basis of name recognition? What is he known for by P5 athletic staff?! Lying through his teeth on an application to Notre Dame and then getting fired before coaching a down? Using slurs towards his players routinely? Potentially contributing to the death of a player? Oh he's had a few good seasons lately... yeah that's all they'll remember about him.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Reference a few posts up, but I read a quick article on the GOL-as-interim-AD today in the breakroom (Slantinel) that said one of the UCF president's reasons for installing GOL is that he is about the only name-brand face that anyone in the P5 would recognize, so it should help their P5 upgrade prospects. Goes on to say how much he doesn't fit the mold for an AD...no kidding, LOL, and he'd probably be one of the first in line to admit it. If I'm in a P5 board for expansion, I think "hmm, they went that far? Let's see how we can toy with these kids".

They installed GOL as AD on the basis of name recognition? What is he known for by P5 athletic staff?! Lying through his teeth on an application to Notre Dame and then getting fired before coaching a down? Using slurs towards his players routinely? Potentially contributing to the death of a player? Oh he's had a few good seasons lately... yeah that's all they'll remember about him.

Be real.  Mention the names George O'Leary and Willie Taggart to the president of Texas.  Which one of the two is he/she going to recognize?

Otherwise known as: any publicity is good publicity.

Edited by ShadowBull

Be real. Mention the names George O'Leary and Willie Taggart to the president of Texas. Which one of the two is he/she going to recognize?

If u change the name from Willie Taggart to Mark Harlan would that change anything given that Harlan has a connection to Texas

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Be real. Mention the names George O'Leary and Willie Taggart to the president of Texas. Which one of the two is he/she going to recognize?

If u change the name from Willie Taggart to Mark Harlan would that change anything given that Harlan has a connection to Texas

What's his tie to Texas?

What's his tie to Texas?

I thought I read that he is really good friends with the ad at Texas but I might have heard wrong

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Oh, so you're looking at a singe athletic season,and it's one you didn't win the Learfield?