• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'd be calling the Big 12 and saying we'll take 10% of the league payout the first year and increase by 10% for each of the next 9 years. That means we're paying an entrance fee of more than $120 million before any new negotiations even take place.

We need to do whatever it takes, that's for sure. This may well be the LAST time a P5 conference expands and we can't be left sitting out. Time for Harlan to save our sorry asses.

I think for all the things that make us look bad (football wins and football attendance), there are a lot of good things that we bring to table. So, yes, Cindy is not the hottest girl at the dance, but she's not all that bad!

I'd be calling the Big 12 and saying we'll take 10% of the league payout the first year and increase by 10% for each of the next 9 years. That means we're paying an entrance fee of more than $120 million before any new negotiations even take place.

You want her to be an "easy date?" I'm sure all it would take is being asked!

The real question is this: How drunk is the Big 12?

Yes. That was exactly what I was implying in my post. All we need to do is ask them nicely.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

This all may be a moot point if they are able to get the rules changed & hold a championship game with 10 teams,  ACC is trying to help the Big 12 do this...

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-12-05/changes-may-be-ahead-conference-championships-playoff-era

They have been asking for this for a while now. I just dont see it happening even with the P5 autonomy.  SEC, PAC12, and BIG 10 will be against that since they had to go through expansion. They dont want to have the BIG 12 sit there with Texas and only have to split their TV revenue 10 ways. This is about money. 

We need to do whatever it takes, that's for sure. This may well be the LAST time a P5 conference expands and we can't be left sitting out. Time for Harlan to save our sorry asses.

I think for all the things that make us look bad (football wins and football attendance), there are a lot of good things that we bring to table. So, yes, Cindy is not the hottest girl at the dance, but she's not all that bad!

You want her to be an "easy date?" I'm sure all it would take is being asked!

The real question is this: How drunk is the Big 12?

Yes. That was exactly what I was implying in my post. All we need to do is ask them nicely.

The problem with that is Memphis has already been doing that and offering them the farm just to get in the BIG 12. Not sure USF could match the offer that is rumored figure by FED EX.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You guys are funny:

1.  You guys don't know who the Big12 would take and why.

2.  I'm sure the USF is willing to do almost anything the Big12, or any other P5 conference for that matter, wants to be included in expansion.

3.  USF and Tampa have a lot of desirable qualities for expansion.  Are they enough to be included if the Big12 expands?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Another fact that may be years down the road is if Texas, OU, OSU, and Texas Tech bolt for the PAC 12 as they were about to in the past. I would not be suprised since I heard the Long Horn Network is not doing what they expected. PAC-12's commish Larry Scott is a astute business man that usually gets what he wants. Stay tuned.

This will be our best chance. But of course the Big 12 would be no better or even worse than our Big East situation

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

It's almost midnight (expansion is closing down). The only one that needs a date is the Big 12, if it gets left out of the selection this year with the excuse of no championship game. If it gets in, we can all forget it for another year. The Big 12 has plenty of cash as it is. Expansion only makes sense for them if it gains them something.

All the teams that are not in the P5 are too ugly for the first dance selections, including USF.

The fire could be lit under the Big 12. If they are considering Cincy and Memphis, there's no way in hell USF and UCF aren't in the discussion.

Let's wait a few hours to see if the Big 12 gets in.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

The Big 12 adding USF/UCF as a pair gives the chance for all other opponents to have a game played in Florida at least every two years (for those in the other division) and every year (for teams in the USF/UCF division).

If the Big 12 goes to 14, Cincinnati is an easy add for a pair with WVU, but the 14th team is a tough call.  You can consider BYU, but unless they're willing to play games on Sundays in non football sports that wont happen.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Not going to happen.

You guys are funny:

1.  You guys don't know who the Big12 would take and why.

2.  I'm sure the USF is willing to do almost anything the Big12, or any other P5 conference for that matter, wants to be included in expansion.

3.  USF and Tampa have a lot of desirable qualities for expansion.  Are they enough to be included if the Big12 expands?

1 ) No one really knows who they will go after. Heck even the BIG 12 does not know. The already dropped the ball by not getting UL when they were out there but were hung up on each others issues. What makes you think the leadership in the BIG 12 has a clue to what they are doing? Bowlsby should be fired for not having a CCG in the 1st place as that cost them at top 4 spot. 

2) USF has been trying behind the scenes to get in to P5 unlike Cincy and Memphis who have been up front whoring theirselves to get in

3) Tampa Bay is one of the best cities in America in my opinion. The TIA is undergoing renovations. Channelside is going to become a major hot spot in the next 10 years with Vinik and Gates.  Look for the Rays to move to downtown Tampa in the next 10 years too. USF needs to present to BIG 12 that they are serious about building an OCS that would be state of the art. 

With that said, I dont think USF gets an invite due to the current state of the program. Lack of fan support. TB does not really care for USF right now. That is just reality. BIG 12 does not want to bring in a dead weight program right now that will hurt their SOS. 

Edited by Bull Daly