• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think the Big 12 goes to 14. Cincy, USF, UCF and....Houston? A team from the MWC? Sure USF has had piss poor attendance the past few years, but you can look back to the Leavitt days when we had a legit program/team on the field and the numbers we produced. WVU/USF night games at Ray Jay....

Plus we have a decent TV market. UCF/USF in a combo package.

USF in the Big 12 makes us better. More recruits, exposure, etc. Mass potential.

I dont think they expand that much. If they do it will be to get to 12 teams to get the CCG. No way do they want to split their TV $$$ more. Maybe when their next TV contract expires in about 10 years they will go to 14

TV money keeps going up.  Add Florida and they can crack open negotiations again.  Besides, WVU is taking less money for the first several years of the contract, so will anyone the Big 12 adds.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay, so today is the day for the selection.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11991457

I hope the Big 12 gets left out (no championship game and Ohio State's big win). This will make them pull the trigger this summer for sure.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'd be calling the Big 12 and saying we'll take 10% of the league payout the first year and increase by 10% for each of the next 9 years. That means we're paying an entrance fee of more than $120 million before any new negotiations even take place.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I'd be calling the Big 12 and saying we'll take 10% of the league payout the first year and increase by 10% for each of the next 9 years. That means we're paying an entrance fee of more than $120 million before any new negotiations even take place.

We need to do whatever it takes, that's for sure. This may well be the LAST time a P5 conference expands and we can't be left sitting out. Time for Harlan to save our sorry asses.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

We need to do whatever it takes, that's for sure. This may well be the LAST time a P5 conference expands and we can't be left sitting out. Time for Harlan to save our sorry asses.

I love it!

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think for all the things that make us look bad (football wins and football attendance), there are a lot of good things that we bring to table. So, yes, Cindy is not the hottest girl at the dance, but she's not all that bad!

You want her to be an "easy date?" I'm sure all it would take is being asked!

The real question is this: How drunk is the Big 12?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The other scenario is the playoff expands. To 6 or 8. Then the big 12 will stay put.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

The other scenario is the playoff expands. To 6 or 8. Then the big 12 will stay put.

We need to hope that they expand the playoffs to 8. I have to be honest, I dont think USF has a shot to get into the BIG 12. Looking at our record and attendence issues for the past 5 years just shows how low USF is right now. I dont think the BIG 12 can ignore that. Unless, Harlan has some trick up his sleave like a nice OCS in the works, I just dont see USF getting called up. Cincy and UCF are the most likely. I wouldnt count out BYU or Memphis either. 

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

This all may be a moot point if they are able to get the rules changed & hold a championship game with 10 teams,  ACC is trying to help the Big 12 do this...

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-12-05/changes-may-be-ahead-conference-championships-playoff-era

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Another fact that may be years down the road is if Texas, OU, OSU, and Texas Tech bolt for the PAC 12 as they were about to in the past. I would not be suprised since I heard the Long Horn Network is not doing what they expected. PAC-12's commish Larry Scott is a astute business man that usually gets what he wants. Stay tuned.