• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

sounds a lot like "you can keep your insurance", "you can keep doctor".......

protractor.png

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Yes. This type of measurement requires a ruler AND a protractor.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Vandy ain't goin' nowheres.

zzactly.

Good article Skin. Just means if the NCAA caves to the P5 autonomy request, the price for admission at the table goes up and the scrapping gets even more serious. Ugh..."the love of money..."

Yeah Vandy was a guess based solely upon their academia.... Nothing to back the guess

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

NCAA D-IV = NFL DL

Call it what it is.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

NCAA D-IV = NFL DL

Call it what it is.

It's always been a mystery to me that the USA can support semi-pro baseball and basketball, but not football - THE most popular sport.

Rather than create their own D-League, the NFL long ago decided to outsource it to the universities

I can't believe it's impossible to create a successful and profitable outdoor semi-pro football league in the spring.

I guess it's because we college football fans have bought into the hype of "win at any cost" when - by definition - athletics is adjunct to scholarship at a universlty

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

NCAA D-IV = NFL DL

Call it what it is.

It's always been a mystery to me that the USA can support semi-pro baseball and basketball, but not football - THE most popular sport.

Rather than create their own D-League, the NFL long ago decided to outsource it to the universities

I can't believe it's impossible to create a successful and profitable outdoor semi-pro football league in the spring.

I guess it's because we college football fans have bought into the hype of "win at any cost" when - by definition - athletics is adjunct to scholarship at a universlty

yup

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

What's really amazing is how the teams and conferences completely run their business as a for profit company... except when it comes to the actual players. The teams and conferences gave up pretending they were an amature sports operation for a while now. They should get a taste of their own medicine. I think the NFL can forgo their Gentleman's Agreement with college football, treat them as they would any other entertainment competitor, and play football on Saturday's.

They should either behave like an amature association or be treated like a professional enterprise.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

What's really amazing is how the teams and conferences completely run their business as a for profit company... except when it comes to the actual players. The teams and conferences gave up pretending they were an amature sports operation for a while now. They should get a taste of their own medicine. I think the NFL can forgo their Gentleman's Agreement with college football, treat them as they would any other entertainment competitor, and play football on Saturday's.

They should either behave like an amature association or be treated like a professional enterprise.

They do a pretty bad job. Most operate at a loss and depend on student fees.

If they ran like a for profit enterprise you would see a lot less flashy facilities etc, as those would all eat into profits. There would be less waste on 10 uniform combinations and redesigns every other season. Students probably would not get discounted tickets either.