• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

here is a quoted excerpt from the discussion:

"Here's how I see the state of Florida right now in terms of how strong the programs are today in this football-rich state," Cotter said. "Florida State is No. 1 clearly, the defending national champions. I've got Central Florida at No. 2. They've had three 10-plus win seasons out of the last four. George O'Leary, a lot of stability down there in Orlando. Florida is No. 3 based solely off the 4-8 year and losing to Georgia Southern. Miami, mediocrity, no swagger down there. South Florida is an absolute mess. There probably should be a big gap between four and five. It should be like four and eight and put somebody else in between."

and they just go on and on after this. :wtf:

LOL .... Who is Cotter? And what did Barbarino have to say?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

espn seems to be propping ucf up again:

https://ucf.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=908&CID=1651731

how much influence does espn have in conference alignment? i probably don't want to know.

That link you posted has nothing to do with ESPN.  And it's a link to paid content. 

1384668891.jpg

The link was to a page that had a headline that said College Football Live (ESPN) says the assclowns are #2 in the state.

Link to a page that has a headline that SAYS ESPN SAID that?  So it's just some article or was there actually ESPN content on there? 

Usually ESPN is linked to when ESPN is referenced ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

"Here's how I see the state of Florida right now in terms of how strong the programs are today in this football-rich state," Cotter said. "Florida State is No. 1 clearly, the defending national champions. I've got Central Florida at No. 2. They've had three 10-plus win seasons out of the last four. George O'Leary, a lot of stability down there in Orlando. Florida is No. 3 based solely off the 4-8 year and losing to Georgia Southern. Miami, mediocrity, no swagger down there. South Florida is an absolute mess. There probably should be a big gap between four and five. It should be like four and eight and put somebody else in between."

i don't know who these guys are other than schad. but matich says ucf is now better than miami in the long term. my buddy sent this over to me so i apologize if it's not word-for-word:

"They have a chance this year to show it's not just Blake Bortles," Matich said. "You talk about winning 10 games or more in three of the past four years. Their defense has held opponents under 23 points per game for the last five years. They've had great consistency there. They get to play Penn State and Missouri this year. If they split those games, they can make the case this is a program and not just one guy who's in the NFL."

Later, the panel agreed that Florida then Florida State were the two best college jobs in the state. But what about No. 3? Schad said it was still Miami, but Matich believes it's UCF.

"Why UCF right now is a better opportunity than Miami is because how recruits see the program," Matich said. "UCF just won the Fiesta Bowl. They're a BCS bowl champion. The last time Miami played in a BCS bowl these rising seniors that are recruits now were seven years old watching more Power Rangers than college football. The sex appeal is in Orlando."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

i don't know who these guys are other than schad. but matich says ucf is now better than miami in the long term. my buddy sent this over to me so i apologize if it's not word-for-word:

"They have a chance this year to show it's not just Blake Bortles," Matich said. "You talk about winning 10 games or more in three of the past four years. Their defense has held opponents under 23 points per game for the last five years. They've had great consistency there. They get to play Penn State and Missouri this year. If they split those games, they can make the case this is a program and not just one guy who's in the NFL."

Later, the panel agreed that Florida then Florida State were the two best college jobs in the state. But what about No. 3? Schad said it was still Miami, but Matich believes it's UCF.

"Why UCF right now is a better opportunity than Miami is because how recruits see the program," Matich said. "UCF just won the Fiesta Bowl. They're a BCS bowl champion. The last time Miami played in a BCS bowl these rising seniors that are recruits now were seven years old watching more Power Rangers than college football. The sex appeal is in Orlando."

Sorry, Matich got hit in the head too many times in the trenches. The sex appeal may be in Orlando, but not Oviedo. A good measuring stick will be the 2015 recruiting class. If they out recruit UM, there may be some substance to his Power Rangers speel ...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Did the kittens scare anybody else?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

We all know where ESPN is headquartered, and it doesn't work in our favor.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Remember what I've been telling you for a while now:

...ESPN is now saying the "Big 12 needs Cincinnati and UCF".

When these teams are added to the Big 12 and this culminates, how will this effect usf athletics?

Who does the AAC backfill with? Marshall? S.Miss? FAU to maintain the Florida foot print?

You are such an idiot. There is no expansion until the contracts are up. These are just opinions...everyone has one. Can't wait to see USF roll the the golden shower knights. No more luck this season.
The only way USF gets invited into the Big 12 is if they can ride on UCF's coattails. This basically means you should be cheering for UCF harder than anyone from here on out. It's for your own good.
Bwahahahaha

4-1 buddy; we are still your daddy

Haha, thoughtof this when I read that:

XtHQKml.gif

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

If we go 12-1, win the aac, resulting in our being the highest ranked g5 school and getting an invite to one of the two non-playoff major bowl games (orange bowl i believe isnt one this year) but that loss is to ucf, would the p5 frown upon us?

Point is: championships > beating rival

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

There are a lot of fans (UF, UM, and USF) calling BS on this list

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Confirmed by ESPN...USF a distant 5th in Florida. UCF #2.

1556622.jpg

Confirmed this is someone's opinion. Confirmed, UCF will lose four games next year (including USF).