• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You can't make entry dependent on the amount of money a school spends while at the same time limiting the ability of the school to access TV funds. This would be a clear abuse of monopoly power.

If there's going to be a lower limit for football (or overall) spending, it will HAVE to include the before-the-fact PROJECTED TV revenue that comes come joining D4, along with some penalty for noncompliance after the fact.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Might be a problem for more than just Houston. (sorry, couldn't resist)

Including some current pee 5 programs. 

Wake Forest: 17m football revenue

Boston College: 21m 

Indiana: 24 and change

the list goes on http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/GetOneInstitutionData.aspx

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

You can't make entry dependent on the amount of money a school spends while at the same time limiting the ability of the school to access TV funds. This would be a clear abuse of monopoly power. If there's going to be a lower limit for football (or overall) spending, it will HAVE to include the before-the-fact PROJECTED TV revenue that comes come joining D4, along with some penalty for noncompliance after the fact.

You make a great point, I don't think that factors in for a school to be invited to a P5, because that would automatically be pre-considered. But say if the top AAC 6 and top MWC 6 form a 12 conference, that's gotta be considered. But whose to say that merger conference would get a TV deal to suffice, as well?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

MHver3 â€@MHver3 1h

More likely is that we will see a conference of 10-12 emerge from MWC and AAC upper echelon

IMO that makes more sense than 5 16's.

Can you imagine what that would do to our Olympic sports travel costs? Teams from Cali, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, Wyoming, etc. Maybe only play them in football and other sports can do conf champs only.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

During the media days, my opinion changed most about …

Big Ten expansion: It isn't done. That's about all I can say. Hint: The conference will begin negotiating on a new TV deal next year. The current contract expires in 2016. Definitely stay tuned.

-Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports

More credible rumors. Source: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/22952413/best-of-college-footballs-preseason-media-days

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I could see the B1G trying to get into Florida.  We aren't AAU yet, so strange as it may seem, the most likely choice for them would probably be Miami.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I could see the B1G trying to get into Florida.  We aren't AAU yet, so strange as it may seem, the most likely choice for them would probably be Miami.

Go Bulls!

Miami would make a lot of sense for the Big 10. They've cleaned up their academics which weren't all that great in the 80's and 90's to now under Shalala and they're steadily becoming a research powerhouse as well. Miami is by far the best college in Florida academically. The Florida research "big 3" is now UF, USF, and Miami. Now if only USF had some football history, they could be a B1G target as well...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Go Bulls!

Miami would make a lot of sense for the Big 10. They've cleaned up their academics which weren't all that great in the 80's and 90's to now under Shalala and they're steadily becoming a research powerhouse as well. Miami is by far the best college in Florida academically. The Florida research "big 3" is now UF, USF, and Miami. Now if only USF had some football history, they could be a B1G target as well...

B1G only takes AAU members.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Go Bulls!

B1G only takes AAU members.

That may change.  As we've seen, money makes a lot of people adjust their moral compass.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

Miami would be the only non AAU member,  non public, non land grant school.  I would think they would rather poach from another conference.