• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

So the ACC turned WV down, but the SEC is going to add them? :huh:

Yeah, it's wild at best.  WVU fits the SEC profile, but since realignment is driven by TV dollars, I'm not sure WVU can make a good case.  They don't add households to a package, but they would add ratings to match ups.  I'd be willing to bet that WVU would get higher ratings than Mizzou with the same schedule, but they don't have the subscriber numbers.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Rumor: I just spoke to the SEC commisioner's golf caddy and he said that West Virginia will get an SEC invite within the next 2 years.... Two can play at this game!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166

Rumor: I just spoke to the SEC commisioner's golf caddy and he said that West Virginia will get an SEC invite within the next 2 years.... Two can play at this game!

Plus the Inbred Olympics will be held in Morgantown this year! It'll be busy the next couple of years for them..

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Why for once can't this be true and USF get some good news after months/years of bad news.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

I just spoke with the SEC commisioner's golf cart and it said that West Virginia was going to the Pac12 this afternoon at 4:30 PST!

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Is that an invite to be the SEC's golf caddy? :D

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

Why teams want to be in the B1G:

Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyESPN 10s

B1G will earn record $25.7M per school in 2012-13, more than any league, inc. $7.6M from B1G network @studurando reports

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Same "chatter" we have here unfortunately. :-/

• Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785

Oh yeah, lot's of chatter...at both ends of the communications spectrum....

CommuterBob Wrote: 
The only credence I give to this rumor is that Fox wants to expand into the southeast for its CFB coverage. They have national network deals with the B1G, PAC, and XII, but have no presence in the southeast. If they can get that presence by adding UCF and USF and their combined #4 market, that makes some sense. Two very large schools with a ton of potential and a modicum of success over the past decade. 

That said, I just don't see it. The XII has to get roughtly $24M per school from the TV contract for them to avoid cutting into the future earnings projections. That seems like way too much for these two at the moment (but give them some time in a major conference and that story might just change). Plus it's a geographic reach. WVU was one, too but that was done out of necessity. This move doesn't need to be one of necessity. I am still very leery of any reports that require a CCG for anyone, let alone the power 5.

I and most UCF fans agree with you. It would be awesome if something like this happened, but in the real world "the haves" would take whatever actions necessary to prevent this. 

There is no evidence that the NCAA or the other power conferences have said that the BigXII must be at twelve teams to participate in the college football playoff. Till that happens, or FOX agrees to pay the same per team payout, no teams are getting added.

If you are a UCF fan, and you believe this, you are setting yourself up for heartbreak. Please focus on improving game attendance and making the AAC the "6th" power conference. It's about the only way, unless expansion just goes crazy again.

• Upvote 1