• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

If you are content being in the AAC , after we win our first AAC championship do you still think you would be happy in this conference? 

Now there's a very good question...

Hmmmm....let's suppose that the current conference configurations are stable for the next decade. That's ten more years of the AAC...that's ten more years of NOT being in a P(5) conference. And given the absence of hard and fast dates - that I've seen in writing, not rumored, not supposition, not a dependency on the relationship between Jupiter and Mars - that could very well be our reality. I sincerely doubt we are going anywhere anytime soon.

The question posed is: are you happy with the new neighborhood?

What is the alternative to being 'happy' with it? You can accept that this is our lot in life for the time being and making the best of a less than optimal situation is all we can do. The alternative, being dissatisfied, will make for an exceptionally long decade of pining and fantasizing about where we THINK USF should be. Now far be it from me to tell anyone how to spend their time (as we plod towards 200 pages), but realizing there's nothing USF can do to influence the time table for our potential inclusion, I am resolved to, for lack of a better term, 'be happy' with where we are. Maybe happy is the wrong word...how 'bout, 'accommodating'? Accepting? Tolerant?

Point being...I'd rather be elsewhere, but I don't see that on the horizon and a little time in the minors might just do us some good, for when the phone does ring.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Happy is defined with $ signs. Admin would be happy at the bottom of the Big XII more so than the top of the AAC. You don't see any bottom dwelling Power 5 teams moving to conferences they think they could dominate.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

What is the alternative to being 'happy' with it? You can accept that this is our lot in life for the time being and making the best of a less than optimal situation is all we can do. The alternative, being dissatisfied, will make for an exceptionally long decade of pining and fantasizing about where we THINK USF should be. Now far be it from me to tell anyone how to spend their time (as we plod towards 200 pages), but realizing there's nothing USF can do to influence the time table for our potential inclusion, I am resolved to, for lack of a better term, 'be happy' with where we are. Maybe happy is the wrong word...how 'bout, 'accommodating'? Accepting? Tolerant?

Point being...I'd rather be elsewhere, but I don't see that on the horizon and a little time in the minors might just do us some good, for when the phone does ring.

Nailed it ... and the word I would use is "accepting".

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

If you are content being in the AAC , after we win our first AAC championship do you still think you would be happy in this conference? 

Hmmmm....let's suppose that the current conference configurations are stable for the next decade. That's ten more years of the AAC...that's ten more years of NOT being in a P(5) conference. And given the absence of hard and fast dates - that I've seen in writing, not rumored, not supposition, not a dependency on the relationship between Jupiter and Mars - that could very well be our reality. I sincerely doubt we are going anywhere anytime soon.

Great post - +1!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Great post - +1!

How 'bout we call it "serenity"?

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference."

Reinhold Niebuhr

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

C'mon Balto. We never got better? What were our overall records from 2005-2010? Did we win a conference championship? No. Did we have a consistent 7-9 win years with bowl appearances? YES.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

LOL ... perfect.

• Upvote 1