• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I think there is a good chance WVU is lobbying for USF as an expansion school if the Big12 expands. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

This is not good for USF. Our most likely good scenario is taken mostly out of play.

The only good news is that the absolute worst case scenario is now less likely. (that is where a bunch of AAC school get picked off, and we get left behind and find ourselves in a league that resembles the Sun Belt from 2 years ago)

I think we should offer the Big 12 a deal where we take only 1/5 of tv money in year 1, 2/5 in year two ... and so on, where we don't get the full check until year 5 .... that might sweeten the deal for them to take us (who knows, that might already have been offered, or assumed by the Big 12).

How is this not good for USF? Doesn't it help us move to the Big12 if they want into Florida?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

This is not good for USF. Our most likely good scenario is taken mostly out of play.

The only good news is that the absolute worst case scenario is now less likely. (that is where a bunch of AAC school get picked off, and we get left behind and find ourselves in a league that resembles the Sun Belt from 2 years ago)

I think we should offer the Big 12 a deal where we take only 1/5 of tv money in year 1, 2/5 in year two ... and so on, where we don't get the full check until year 5 .... that might sweeten the deal for them to take us (who knows, that might already have been offered, or assumed by the Big 12).

How is this not good for USF? Doesn't it help us move to the Big12 if they want into Florida?

Before this, here are my thoughts on the odds of home in 5 years. 50% AAC; 40%ACC; 10% Big 12

Now, here are my thoughts on our home in 5 years: 70% AAC; 20% Big 12; 10% ACC

So our odds to the Big 12 just doubled, but our odd of being stuck in the AAC just went up by 20%. So if you are a big 12 guy, this is good news... if you are just rooting for USF to get to a better conference, it is bad news .... in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Finally.. some more twitter rumors... I was growing weary of the lack of activity and posts that lacked new rumors. 

Still hate UCF but Big12 would be sweet.

Reading ACC and AAC gets kinda confusing... my brain is equating AAC to ACC. 

I'm not sure the Big12 is looking to grow to 16, they probably just want a championship game and will move to 12. USF and UCF is a good to get into the state of Florida, will carry over the growing WVU rivalry and will bring in a new one with USF and UCF. Most of the Big12 schools don't really excite me, and we'll have to be under the heel of Texas like the rest of the conference, but it still beats the AAC, and ACC for that matter.

If USF and UCF get taken to the Big12 I'll feel for UConn and Cincy... UCF will have leap frogged them... I'd like to see Cincy find a good home. 

Personally, I am not sold on USF getting an invite to the B12 - and I understand the whole Florida thing.

But, who says both USF and UCF would go? I could easily see a scenario where one of the Florida directionals gets the nod and Cincy.

If I'm the B12, then I have gained market presence and recruiting trips to Florida and Ohio/Kentucky, right?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This should be a last resort offer - not a leading offer by any stretch.  Any negotiations hopefully will start with us being full members from the start.  

Let's not lose the deal, though, and if it takes us taking a smaller amount with gradual revenue increases, so be it ... but we should absolutely NOT offer this up front.  

• Upvote 1

Finally.. some more twitter rumors... I was growing weary of the lack of activity and posts that lacked new rumors. 

Still hate UCF but Big12 would be sweet.

Reading ACC and AAC gets kinda confusing... my brain is equating AAC to ACC. 

I'm not sure the Big12 is looking to grow to 16, they probably just want a championship game and will move to 12. USF and UCF is a good to get into the state of Florida, will carry over the growing WVU rivalry and will bring in a new one with USF and UCF. Most of the Big12 schools don't really excite me, and we'll have to be under the heel of Texas like the rest of the conference, but it still beats the AAC, and ACC for that matter.

If USF and UCF get taken to the Big12 I'll feel for UConn and Cincy... UCF will have leap frogged them... I'd like to see Cincy find a good home. 

Personally, I am not sold on USF getting an invite to the B12 - and I understand the whole Florida thing.

But, who says both USF and UCF would go? I could easily see a scenario where one of the Florida directionals gets the nod and Cincy.

If I'm the B12, then I have gained market presence and recruiting trips to Florida and Ohio/Kentucky, right?

Here is our biggest problem. We need a conference to have a tv deal like the Big 10 network to want us.

The Big 10 network charges more per house in states where they have a member. So a FL school would give them the higher subscription in the 4th most populated state ... but I'm sure the Big 10 doesn't want us ... so we need another league who get a value from us. Where the value is in the population, even if they are fans of another school.

Right now, I just don't see us bringing that much value to the Big 12, except for hosting a championship game.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Still lots of talk out there that the Big 12 is happy at 10 and is positioned to be reactive rather than proactive. 

My prediction is there is a greater than 50% chance that we do not get picked by the Big 12 any time soon. 

That being said, we are, along with UConn, BYU, and Cincy, the "best of the rest", and I imagine that if we can put together some winning seasons and put 45k+ avg in Ray Jay, we'll be hard to ignore in the future. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Hard to say what the big 12 will.do now. Nobody left avail that's desirable. I'm sure Doug and Judy would accept any offer they throw our way to stay nationally relevant and ensure long term growth plans.

This should be a last resort offer - not a leading offer by any stretch.  Any negotiations hopefully will start with us being full members from the start.  

Let's not lose the deal, though, and if it takes us taking a smaller amount with gradual revenue increases, so be it ... but we should absolutely NOT offer this up front.  

Honestly, that was my though of an upfront offer, and the last resort is 1/10 in year 1, and no full revenue until year 10.

We are selling something that is not a hot commodity. Buyers have seen us sitting on the shelf at the market and no one has picked us up and put us in their shopping cart, so its time to have a sale ... and if that doesn't work, then a clearance sale.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Lots of chatter now. Nice to hear us mentioned.

@murphsturph: If Big 12 wants to expand to 12, Boise State's position is now better with ACC GoR. Also better odds for Cincy, UConn, BYU, USF, UCF.

@Boncaro_Ben: Hearing EARLY rumors of # UCF, along with other schools (possibly USF, Cincy, Boise State, UConn) might be headed to the BIG 12. Unofficial

@ArtDirectorBYU: If everyone is going to 14: Add USF/UCF/Cinci to WVa/KU/KSU/ISU. Add BYU to Big 12 South. Non-football travel would be really tough, though

@theDudeofWV: @LandThieves Big 12 should add BYU, UCONN, Cincy and USF.

@caingle: If you're the #BIg12, seems like it would make sense to add #UCF #USF & #Boise #BYU. Get to 14 with two rivalry pairs.

@LandThieves: I know it won't happen but it should. Big12 needs to expand recruit turf, and give WVU some eastern teams. Id welcome USF/UCF

@JBTexasEx: #Big12 screwed up not adding #Louisville at #11 two years ago. Add USF or UCF and that makes a nice 12-team league. Oh, well. #GoCards