• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

USF needs a dominating sports run.

This is something I think we can all agree on.  

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Brett's a good guy.  If you're a **** to him, expect him to respond in a similar fashion.  I'm done defending him here.  I think he gets a bum wrap.  Yeah, he wasn't always positive about USF, but it's not like Leavitt made it easy for him.  I'm sure the backlash from fans, coaches, and administration he got wasn't the most pleasant over the years.

It is what it is.  He's escalated to the national scene with the job every sports writer dreams to achieve and USF is still USF.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Brett's a good guy. If you're a **** to him, expect him to respond in a similar fashion. I'm done defending him here. I think he gets a bum wrap. Yeah, he wasn't always positive about USF, but it's not like Leavitt made it easy for him. I'm sure the backlash from fans, coaches, and administration he got wasn't the most pleasant over the years.

It is what it is. He's escalated to the national scene with the job every sports writer dreams to achieve and USF is still USF.

So you're saying that because he had a hard time at USF (because he would yell at CJL in practice until CJL finally closed off practice to the media), it's ok to continue the anti-USF vendetta years later??? You're saying it's cool to write with a personal spurn for a program because of how you're treated instead of reporting news both positively and negatively when warranted??? The guy was FIRED from the tribune for unscrupulous writing. I just spoke with him via emails for the last 2 hours. He will never admit his hate for the program, but the fact that the guy cares enough to go back and forth with me for 2 hours about it should tell you something. He had no answers when I made mention to specific biased/jabbing tweets and stories he wrote except for "what about them were factually wrong?" Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Brett's a good guy. If you're a **** to him, expect him to respond in a similar fashion. I'm done defending him here. I think he gets a bum wrap. Yeah, he wasn't always positive about USF, but it's not like Leavitt made it easy for him. I'm sure the backlash from fans, coaches, and administration he got wasn't the most pleasant over the years.

It is what it is. He's escalated to the national scene with the job every sports writer dreams to achieve and USF is still USF.

So you're saying that because he had a hard time at USF (because he would yell at CJL in practice until CJL finally closed off practice to the media), it's ok to continue the anti-USF vendetta years later??? You're saying it's cool to write with a personal spurn for a program because of how you're treated instead of reporting news both positively and negatively when warranted??? The guy was FIRED from the tribune for unscrupulous writing. I just spoke with him via emails for the last 2 hours. He will never admit his hate for the program, but the fact that the guy cares enough to go back and forth with me for 2 hours about it should tell you something. He had no answers when I made mention to specific biased/jabbing tweets and stories he wrote except for "what about them were factually wrong?"

I have been calling him out this past hour and he has been responding (probably giving up my name).

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

The JSi â€@JSi07

Let me be more specific, there hasn't been a vote yet on FSU. Sorry for confusion

This guy is the more knowledable & reasonable of the bunch (The Dude or MHVer), he is Eerlaw11 on BGN site and hosts the radio show with The Dude. 

FSU has a 5 year AAU plan that they presented to B1G hell WVU has a 10-12 year AAU plan (believe it or not WVU in healthcare and energy is huge in research, and more money is coming in by the day in those 2 areas).  Now what happens I dont know but if you follow OSU guys (Prez Gee comments), they are still looking at expansion, does FSU get in I dont know but from a football stand point them and Georgia Tech (Academic/research partner) is a homerun pair, imo.

Remember USF, Cincy and UConn have already made presentations to Big12 when UL and Rutgers did so the Big 12 does know what those schools bring to the table.

(Also remember ProFootball Talk & College Football Talk has a big WVU presence with Mike Florio (grad living in area) and Ben Kercheval (Dad is part of Mountaineer Sports Network)

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Brett's a good guy.  If you're a **** to him, expect him to respond in a similar fashion.  I'm done defending him here.  I think he gets a bum wrap.  Yeah, he wasn't always positive about USF, but it's not like Leavitt made it easy for him.  I'm sure the backlash from fans, coaches, and administration he got wasn't the most pleasant over the years.

It is what it is.  He's escalated to the national scene with the job every sports writer dreams to achieve and USF is still USF.

Leavitt has been gone for years and he still takes digs at USF as evidenced in the tweet above.  This isn't the sign of a good guy, it's the sign of an immature and unprofessional guy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

The Big 12 owns the name "Big 14", for those who didn't already know. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyESPN

If you're picking Georgetown to win it all, don't. No team that lost to South Florida has ever won national title

It used to be that way with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Super Bowl.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  336

We weren't even considered in the "A" group by NBC lol.. This shows how hard of a time we're going to have getting out of this conference. Sorry boys. 

"NBC Sports Network's contract divided the league into Group A (Connecticut, Cincinnati, Houston and Temple) and Group B (the remaining members), sources said.

The media rights deal can be terminated if either two Group A schools leave or one Group A and one Group B school leave. If two Group B schools leave, the contract will be renegotiated, sources said. This does not include any schools that already have announced they are leaving, such as Louisville, Rutgers, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh or Syracuse."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyESPN

If you're picking Georgetown to win it all, don't. No team that lost to South Florida has ever won national title

It used to be that way with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Super Bowl.

And if I might add, Bucs  Winning in cold weather.