• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

A USF/UCF package is an interesting ploy.  To sweeten the pot, what if we both agree to take 1/2 of per team revenues for the first couple years?.  So the B12 is getting 2 teams, 2 big tv markets, 2 Florida schools recruiting, and championship game dollars for the price of one.  Build in a sliding scale where we each get to 100% of the per team revenues by year 6 or 8.

The original article says Fox would tweak it's contract so that all schools will get same amount as current. 

We should be very careful about offering to pay them to let us in their club when Fox is ready to manage those logistics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

A USF/UCF package is an interesting ploy. To sweeten the pot, what if we both agree to take 1/2 of per team revenues for the first couple years?. So the B12 is getting 2 teams, 2 big tv markets, 2 Florida schools recruiting, and championship game dollars for the price of one. Build in a sliding scale where we each get to 100% of the per team revenues by year 6 or 8.

The original article says Fox would tweak it's contract so that all schools will get same amount as current.

We should be very careful about offering to pay them to let us in their club when Fox is ready to manage those logistics

Getting 1/2 of what the rest of the schools get for the first..say...3-5 years would STILL be way more than we'd get stuck over here. And probably as much as we'd get in the ACC.

@TuxedoYoda: Maybe it is just me, but I find it interesting that my Austin source hears about Fox/UCF/USF at the same time Fox Sports 1 becomes official.

Edited by Hem

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

None of this has any truth until I see a tweet from:  Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyESPN

That's ridiculous. Can I tell you how many stories he has not broken and only reported after the fact?? Very short sighted

Edited by jjlovecub

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

None of this has any truth until I see a tweet from:  Brett McMurphy â€@McMurphyESPN

+1000 .... that will mean the announcement is mere minutes away.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That's ridiculous. Can I tell you how many stories he has not broken and only reported after the fact?? Very short sighted

That was sarcasm, jj.  Atl did not use the sarcasm font.   :D

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

ONLY shot (and it's a long shot, as in really ******* unlikely) is to go to B12 as a package with UCF. B12 would have a dominating presence in Florida at the expense of settling for marginal rather than core inventory (FSU/Mia). Best hope is that B12 takes FSU/Mia and we fill the ACC void

edit: An interesting note though: We are a better academic fit with the B12, and our sales/attendance/viewership isn't that far off from the bottom of the conference (KSU, ISU, Baylor). We wouldn't be complete misfits in the B12. I say that really for entertainment purposes only, as I'm not a fan of even insinuating we're up for an invite

Geographically its a nitemare for USF alone.  What is Tampa from Dallas, twice as far as ISU?  You gotta add UCF so FL recruits give more creedance(sp?) to playing in a league the is mostly TX, OK and KS.  Or a TX recruit going to a FL school.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

A USF/UCF package is an interesting ploy. To sweeten the pot, what if we both agree to take 1/2 of per team revenues for the first couple years?. So the B12 is getting 2 teams, 2 big tv markets, 2 Florida schools recruiting, and championship game dollars for the price of one. Build in a sliding scale where we each get to 100% of the per team revenues by year 6 or 8.

Getting 1/2 of what the rest of the schools get for the first..say...3-5 years would STILL be way more than we'd get stuck over here. And probably as much as we'd get in the ACC.

@TuxedoYoda: Maybe it is just me, but I find it interesting that my Austin source hears about Fox/UCF/USF at the same time Fox Sports 1 becomes official.

Definitely makes things interesting.  We've known for awhile that Fox wanted to directly challenge ESPN.  Regardless of what you think of the network, Fox News eclipsed CNN; something few thought was possible when it launched.  ESPN is a tougher nut to crack, but Fox has deep pockets and a desire to succeed.

It really comes down to if FSU and another school want to take the risk of being out $50M and how much of an upside there is for them.  FSU didn't want to risk it when WVU ended up going to the BXII - and the path was easier then.  I think FSU still has trouble pulling the trigger.  That leaves us with a possible window.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,999
  • Days Won:  12

ONLY shot (and it's a long shot, as in really ******* unlikely) is to go to B12 as a package with UCF. B12 would have a dominating presence in Florida at the expense of settling for marginal rather than core inventory (FSU/Mia). Best hope is that B12 takes FSU/Mia and we fill the ACC void

edit: An interesting note though: We are a better academic fit with the B12, and our sales/attendance/viewership isn't that far off from the bottom of the conference (KSU, ISU, Baylor). We wouldn't be complete misfits in the B12. I say that really for entertainment purposes only, as I'm not a fan of even insinuating we're up for an invite

Geographically its a nitemare for USF alone.  What is Tampa from Dallas, twice as far as ISU?  You gotta add UCF so FL recruits give more creedance(sp?) to playing in a league the is mostly TX, OK and KS.  Or a TX recruit going to a FL school.

Why is everyone saying this? As if traveling to UConn, RU, Pitt, Cuse, Cincy, etc since 2005 in ALL sports has been any better? 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

As much as i'd like to see it happen, it's hard for me to imagine the Big 12 taking us and UCF. We would split their pie significantly and do not move the needle much in terms of media or TV visibility for them.

At most, this is a ploy to try and get FSU and Clemson to jump ship. But i doubt it is even that, more likely unsupported rumor.