• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

ugh I wish the PAC12 would just hurry up and send us our invitation already.

Did you check the PO Box? If you haven't, I can check it and let you know. Although, I did find a bunch of unused timeouts stuffed in there as if someone were hiding them with hopes that we wouldn't notice them.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so Im not necessarily a fan of ESPN's Brennan as he seems to homer for the midwest more often than not but this is a perspective I have being a bit more basketball centric than most. I think its a good read to understand why the BB only schools are so important.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/69838/marquette-ad-no-fan-of-tulane-addition

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Toby Davidâ€@TobyDavid

Skip Holtz's legacy could end up being that he cost #USF 10's of millions of $ because he sunk a program that could have gone to a BCS conf.

Toby Davidâ€@TobyDavid

Big East is on life support. If Skip Holtz had improved program as much as he worsened it, #USF would have gotten a look from a BCS conf.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Toby Davidâ€@TobyDavid

Skip Holtz's legacy could end up being that he cost #USF 10's of millions of $ because he sunk a program that could have gone to a BCS conf.

Toby Davidâ€@TobyDavid

Big East is on life support. If Skip Holtz had improved program as much as he worsened it, #USF would have gotten a look from a BCS conf.

Because Maryland, Rutgers, Pitt, and Syracuse football have been so good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Toby Davidâ€@TobyDavid

Toby Davidâ€@TobyDavid

LOL .... No wonder he's not on the radio in any significant fashion any longer ... Clueless.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Brendan Prunty â€@BrendanPrunty

Spoke to 2 sources who confirm ESPN report on Big East break-up from hoops schools. Still many hurdles to clear, but close to happening.

Shoot, not looking good!

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Spoke to 2 sources who confirm ESPN report on Big East break-up from hoops schools. Still many hurdles to clear, but close to happening.

Shoot, not looking good!

http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2012/12/big_east_basketball-only_schools_close_to_unified_front_to_leave_or_dissolve_conference.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Shoot, not looking good!

Looking good to me... the basketball schools are the reason why the Big East can't keep members... they are the reason why Miami, VT, BC, WVU, RU, Cuse, Pitt, and LV all left. For years the basketball schools refused to add any more then 8 football teams and ignored the requests of its football members. Heck the basketball schools even denied the admission of Penn State back in the 1980's.

They only agreed to add more then 8 teams recently when it became apparent that the Big East was close to imploding.

Maybe now the Big East can focus on football and how to improve the conference for once.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Dissolving the conference would be an interesting move from a legal standpoint and assuredly would not be effective until after next year. If they dissolved beforehand, the schools that voted for dissolution would be hit with some hefty lawsuits as they would effectively have denied the football schools access to BCS money and an automatic bid. They'd have to open up the coffers for that one.

Edited by Raetus

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6