• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The problem is the FSU game was a majority FSU crowd. The ACC has this market.

They don't have Cincy.

I think that's what's going to hurt us.

Unless FSU runs.

Yes. But having USF would insulate against the future defection of FSU. And can you have too much of the Florida market?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

They don't have Cincy.

Unless FSU runs.

the acc will never get cincy market. big ten owns even that city let alone state. I agree though that they don't need us either. fsu definitely doesn't want us. we need them to leave.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Actually losing to fsu and miami this year probably helps. Nobody sees us as a threat right now with Skip at the helm so that's a plus. Another thing to consider is do we fit the ACC's brand which is academic excellence. At least we have been improving that under Skip. Maybe their is method to all this madness that is USF athletics.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I do somewhat agree there. We've had some exciting games against both teams.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

It's not about owning the Cincy market it's about gaining as much of it as possible. Right now if ACC goes to 16 with a GOR with FSU in it Cincy will get the bid over USF, why because Tampa market already has a huge FSU following and even though you guys are USF fans you turn your TVs to the FSU and Miami games if USF is not on.

I have said from the start issues with Big12 over Cincy was their money, ability to grow in size $ and space, which is why Big12 would take USF over Cincy.

The ACC is BBall driven and even with D*ck Croggin, its has more tradition than USF. Football is good and they nailed the last 3 football hires. But in the grand scheme of Football USF can be better with facilities, recruiting and money.

What USF needs to get in ACC is a 4th spot so another defection and still then I think FSU & Miami's TV presence might harm that somewhat. ESPN is going to get what the wanted BE death.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It's not about owning the Cincy market it's about gaining as much of it as possible. Right now if ACC goes to 16 with a GOR with FSU in it Cincy will get the bid over FSU, why because Tampa market already has a huge FSU following and even though you guys are USF fans you turn your TVs to the FSU and Miami games if USF is not on.

I have said from the start issues with Big12 over Cincy was their money, ability to grow in size $ and space, which is why Big12 would take USF over Cincy.

The ACC is BBall driven and even with **** Croggin, its has more tradition than USF. Football is good and they nailed the last 3 football hires. But in the grand scheme of Football USF can be better with facilities, recruiting and money.

What USF needs to get in ACC is a 4th spot so another defection and still then I think FSU & Miami's TV presence might harm that somewhat. ESPN is going to get what the wanted BE death.

I never watch fsu or miami just like most cincy residents(osu fans) don't watch cincy.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Our elected representatives should be pressuring FSU to get us in - the same way USF was pressured to get UCF in. Ok maybe not the same way as I am not a fan of that backwoods slime mentality, but the same general principle. It should be made clear by Tampa's delegation that future increases in funding for FSU will not be viewed favorably unless they assist another public state school in this transition!

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Our elected representatives should be pressuring FSU to get us in - the same way USF was pressured to get UCF in. Ok maybe not the same way as I am not a fan of that backwoods slime mentality, but the same general principle. It should be made clear by Tampa's delegation that future increases in funding for FSU will not be viewed favorably unless they assist another public state school in this transition!

Exactly. Elected officials should be active in this realignment because it involves public schools and millions of dollars. Threats of government involvement was the reason behind the playoffs, but that seems to have kind of backfired.

How about a list of who to start contacting to get them involved? Not living in the area though, I am not sure how those of us living out of the area are going to be received by Tampa representatives though.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Well, I guess if all the cheerleaders, homecoming court, and first tier prom options meet their demise in a meteor shower,

then Miss "she's got a great personality" may get asked to dance. C'mon meteor shower!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

They don't have Cincy.

Unless FSU runs.

This is kind of true, but the point others have made is also true: the ACC will never corner the Cincy market and will never be a significant player in Ohio.

USF would just increase the ACC's footprint in a state that is still growing. I think our biggest negative is that we have no stadium of our own. I really think any invite to the ACC would also have us agreeing to build an on-campus stadium within a decade, a reasonable timeframe.