• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

isn't the remaining "gang of 5" (or whatever they call them) still guaranteed a game in the 6 bowls?

Group of 5 ... and I would assume so. Haven't had time to re-look at that, though.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

CBSSportsBigEastâ€@CBSBigEast

According to @ericcrawford, Louisville's athletic office and president's office have had "informal contact" with the ACC.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Somebody needs to check on Dickie V heart if UNC/Duke break apart.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757

MHver3â€@MHver3

Add St Johns to the list of BE schools jumping. Trying to get in the ACC as a package deal with The Hoyas.

23mMHver3â€@MHver3

To all those thinking this to be the demise of the ACC guess again.The ACC will be changed but the BigEast is the conference being put under

32mMHver3â€@MHver3

Latest word from Bowlsbys office: super conferences are imminent. We have options. .

36mMHver3â€@MHver3

The biggest loser in this could be NBC if Delaney can smoke the Irish out.

45mMHver3â€@MHver3

UNC has apparently rethought their options. Duke officials are aware of the situation and are livid. Duke contacted B12 this morning

47mMHver3â€@MHver3

My sources are saying UNC UVA have emerged as the Big 10s next 2 targets. GT will have to wait. Delaney wants contiguous state lines

Stop quoting this guy!!!!!!!!!!!! He is in NO WAY a reliable source of information. He is spewing random garbage out for everyone to take to message boards and repost. If he had this much info on all of these teams he would be the lead dog at ESPN right now. Give it up.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Who is this guy people keep quoting?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

So will the big 4 now allow the ACC to survive? Will they give them the same access to the playoffs and bowls? If FSU were to leave what is left? Seems now that the ACC will get weakened enough to be left behind. Looks like the move is on to 4 superconferences with only 64 teams making the cut.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111

I fully realize the majority of people could probably care less about this message, but I know it's been interesting to me to see what other schools fans, ADs, etc are doing during this time. Anyways, I received this email from Univ of Cincinnati President Santa J Ono this morning regarding the situation. Would be nice to see USF send something like this out to reassure fans during this time.

Dear UC Community, Given the recent developments in athletics conference realignment, I want our Bearcat family to know that we are not only closely monitoring the situation but also working proactively to protect and serve the best interests of the University.

Our message to the broader community is that UC is firmly committed to competing at the highest level, both on and off the field. From our research profile to our number of national merit scholars, UC stands tall as one of the top public research universities in the nation. Moreover, we are building a remarkable amount of momentum, as evidenced by our 17 spot leap in the U.S. News & World Report ranking over the past two years.

Also impressive is the heightened success of our athletic programs. Last year, for instance, UC ended the season with top 25 finishes in both football and basketball--a fact that only five other schools in the country can claim. Plus, the academic success of our student-athletes has never been stronger.

In short, UC has a terrific story to tell, and we will not miss an opportunity to share our aspirations and accomplishments with our peers.

During this time of fast-paced developments, as well as widespread rumors, I respectfully ask for your patience and understanding. Please know that we are doing all that we can to secure the best outcome for UC.

I deeply appreciate the input and support of our loyal fans as well as the tremendous efforts of our teams, coaches, student-athletes and athletic director..

-Santa J. Ono, President

Edited by CincyBull

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I fully realize the majority of people could probably care less about this message, but I know it's been interesting to me to see what other schools fans, ADs, etc are doing during this time. Anyways, I received this email from Univ of Cincinnati President Santa J Ono this morning regarding the situation. Would be nice to see USF send something like this out to reassure fans during this time.

Dear UC Community, Given the recent developments in athletics conference realignment, I want our Bearcat family to know that we are not only closely monitoring the situation but also working proactively to protect and serve the best interests of the University.

Our message to the broader community is that UC is firmly committed to competing at the highest level, both on and off the field. From our research profile to our number of national merit scholars, UC stands tall as one of the top public research universities in the nation. Moreover, we are building a remarkable amount of momentum, as evidenced by our 17 spot leap in the U.S. News & World Report ranking over the past two years.

Also impressive is the heightened success of our athletic programs. Last year, for instance, UC ended the season with top 25 finishes in both football and basketball--a fact that only five other schools in the country can claim. Plus, the academic success of our student-athletes has never been stronger.

In short, UC has a terrific story to tell, and we will not miss an opportunity to share our aspirations and accomplishments with our peers.

During this time of fast-paced developments, as well as widespread rumors, I respectfully ask for your patience and understanding. Please know that we are doing all that we can to secure the best outcome for UC.

I deeply appreciate the input and support of our loyal fans as well as the tremendous efforts of our teams, coaches, student-athletes and athletic director.

Nice! Now where is Dr. Judy and Dougie?

They had better be out telling USF's Story......

They are paid a bunch of money to advance USF......

Results are the bottom line.....

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197

You don't have a stadium and no future plans for one.............

Neither does Pitt

Pitt is an AAU member institution ranked in the top 50 nationally, they also have over a 2 Billion dollar endowment, Miami is also an AAU institution, with 5 National Championships, are we really trying to compare the situations at these 2 schools with USF?

That being said, they are not making the off campus sharing the stadium with an NFL teamm work, (Attendance and Wins) neither are the other very few schools who operate under this scenario. UCLA and USC do not share with NFL teams.

So I'll ask the question, based on past performance what makes anybody here think that USF administration can succeed in this type of shared stadium environment when nobody else in the country can?

analysis is completely off, no offense. uconn plays 30 minutes away from campus on an old airfield.

this has nothing to do with pretty stadiums or football performance. (Syracuse? Uconn? Come on). This is about empire-building, TV contracts, power grabs, etc. Football performance and stadium quality are distant after-thought.

You just inadvertently solidfied the point, this is not about football performance, its about Academic prestige and fan base, both of which USF is lacking. There are a great many of us that think USF will never rise to greatness without an OCS to drive masses to the campus and create a different atmosphere to the one we have. You ask Judy, Doug, and Skip and privately they will tell you that it will be a temendous benefit to have all these fans on the campus during gamedays. Only time will tell what line of thought is correct, but right now, the current situation does not look good.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I deeply appreciate the input and support of our loyal fans as well as the tremendous efforts of our teams, coaches, student-athletes and athletic director..

-Santa J. Ono, President

It is all "most" are looking for - reassurance to know you are working at it.