• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose Fernandez calling out USF “fans”…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Anyone that’s still posting on TBP is a patient fan.  The impatient ones are off doing more enjoyable things than watching Bulls football or posting about it…negative or positive.

Fair point…I can count our numbers on two hands. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

CJF making a typical coach mistake.  He should stay focused on his work.  But we are in an age when people are encouraged to speak out on things they are not involved in or know much about.  He’s probably feeling like an activist.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed. At the end of the day he is supporting one of his fellow colleges which I have no problem with. But taking on people in the Twiterverse should be hard pass. 

So wait?  You guys actually think a coach should be calling out fans in the midst of 2 years without a W against an FBS team and our 4th straight crappy season.

I hope and think our 2nd half of the season should be better, but surely no one should blame fans for being upset.  And to tell them to shut up and pay your money doesn't seem like the best play for a coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

51 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I did not get a chance to run it by MK but I did start the Tampa Bay chant in the beer line in the First quarter and from there it spread like wild fire, it started to break out randomly throughout the game, i think we are onto something.  The SMU crowd was small, I am guessing 12-15k tops so not sure if the marketing plan is a winner.  

Yeah, but the "Dallas" association has more of a loser aura around it at the present time than "Tampa Bay" does. Let's not discard the strategy just yet.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

15 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Not t a bad guy to have on your side, but I’m not sure he understands the level of frustration. 

He understands that most fans don't have a clue what is happening behind the scenes, and that a football program especially takes time to build.  Fans want to just flip a switch, doesn't work that way.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I think people are making a big deal out of a nothing burger.  CJF is showing support for a fellow USF coach.  Maybe they are friends; maybe they are just work colleagues.  It is more likely a scenario where CJF is showing some personal pride in USF; after all he has been here a long time.  

This is the double edge sword of social media.  I can guarantee the coaches want nothing to do with it because of the pitfalls, but it is a necessary evil in today's age in order to reach recruits who are buried in their smartphones when they are not playing sports.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

So wait?  You guys actually think a coach should be calling out fans in the midst of 2 years without a W against an FBS team and our 4th straight crappy season.

Absolutely not.  This person sounds like an idiot to me.

15 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

All USF fans have ever been told is to be patient.  Patience is wearing thin

USF has had far more success over 25 years than most football programs have over their first 25 years.

USF fans have been spoiled, and now are whiny.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think the “must win”s now are about retaining faith and hope and not exterminating the few patient fans that seem to be sticking around.  

If that's the case, and must win means the rest of the impatient fans will melt away from here if we lose, on a strictly personal level, I'm okay with that ...

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

CJF making a typical coach mistake.  He should stay focused on his work.  But we are in an age when people are encouraged to speak out on things they are not involved in or know much about.  He’s probably feeling like an activist.

Or maybe he is trying to be a rational person in an age where fans expect instant results, in situations where instant results are impossible.  Take over a bad team during a pandemic and fans are whining already.  This is type of thread that makes me disappear from TBP for long periods of time.

Criticism and discussion about the team are a good thing.  People expecting miracles and demanding everyone be fired every few months is the surest way to destroy a program.  I have no idea if Scott will succeed.  I do know that anyone demanding he be fired at this point is not rational.

• Like 1