• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tale of Two Halfs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Anyone else notice the night and day difference between the halfs yesterday? It was polar opposite of the UF Game

In the first half, FAMU had 99 yards on 8 possessions, with 5 punts and -7 rushing yards (I may be incorrect on the rushing).  USF had 232 yards on 9 possessions with 2 punts 

In the second half, FAMU had 281 yards on 7 possessions to finish at 380 in the game - they rushed for 139 yards (0 punts - they did fail to convert 4th downs twice). USF had 176 yards on 6 possessions with 4 punts - Marsh did not complete a pass

Whatever adjustments or discussion was had at halftime needs to be permanently shelved

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah first half was great then we took the backed off on offense and started playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers on both sides.

Going to be most likely the only game we are up big at the half.... I understand the reason but I didn't like the results of the 2nd half at all. Left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Same thing happened vs UF...they also played more 2nd and 3rd stringers and let us creep back into the game some.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

43 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Whatever adjustments or discussion was had at halftime needs to be permanently shelved

That was the anti JPP

33 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah first half was great then we took the backed off on offense and started playing a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers on both sides.

Going to be most likely the only game we are up big at the half.... I understand the reason but I didn't like the results of the 2nd half at all. Left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Same thing happened vs UF...they also played more 2nd and 3rd stringers and let us creep back into the game some.

I get that to an extent - at the same time, the starting O-Line played most of the game and Greer/Boyles were in there until at least the mid-4th

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Wished he kept the starters in there for longer…especially at QB. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 hours ago, bowman1 said:

I get that to an extent - at the same time, the starting O-Line played most of the game and Greer/Boyles were in there until at least the mid-4th

I think they were testing out guys at the dline. And given how our dline isn’t that great as is, it makes sense why it would look ugly having backups in there

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

I think they were testing out guys at the dline. And given how our dline isn’t that great as is, it makes sense why it would look ugly having backups in there

Ok - if that was the case, the test did not work and should not be repeated

At the same time, if there were any games to test in, that would be the one (although as others have intoned, I would have preferred a bigger cushion with the starters prior to sed testing)

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

34 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Ok - if that was the case, the test did not work and should not be repeated

At the same time, if there were any games to test in, that would be the one (although as others have intoned, I would have preferred a bigger cushion with the starters prior to sed testing)

yeah hopefully Scott learned his lesson, when you haven't won a game in over a year a 3 score lead shouldn't be enough to take your foot off the gas

• Upvote 1