• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the naysayers can take a week off

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

We are an FCS team. That was an FCS football game I watched last night from Section 109. 

This

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, MikeG said:

uh oh--

Steve has been hacked

;)

hahaha

it is so much harder now to build a program with the social media blitz

i have seen first hand here in la with chip kelly and ucla.it took him 4 years and they lost to fresno state

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What identity is that? The mighty FCS slayers that are almost guaranteed to win one game a season but still keep it sporting? 

oh puc

we are a growing and progressing program

you will keep the program on their toes

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, smazza said:

oh puc

we are a growing and progressing program

you will keep the program on their toes

No at one point we were a growing and progressing program and you complained the entire time we advanced about how CJL was holding back the program. At this very moment we are still digressing program that CJS has in a free fall nosedive and doesn’t seem to know how to pull the nose up on. If we have progressed at all under his tutelage please kindly point to what can possibly be misconstrued enough to point to progress. He is a rudderless listless ship completely incapable or unwilling to commit to any one path because he doesn’t have the foggiest idea of which one will get him to winning. How he navigates QBs is pretty much all you need to know about his direction, it doesn’t exist.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I agree on most of what you are saying-- just not sure after a win (possibly our only win this year) that we need to be taking a dump on the team.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Yeah, he started substituting in the 3rd. The score at that point wasn't lopsided in our favor. Their running game then started slashing our D line easily unlike in the 1st half. I get he prob didnt want to run the score up on his old friend and prob wanted to give some more players filed time since some may get red shirted soon and some may not see the field again this season. Unless....were just killing other teams.. 🙏

That’s a good point about not wanting to run up the score on his friend. I was just disappointed, it was a good opportunity for our starters to really build confidence and our fan base to feel good that we dominated a team we should have. I felt it was an opportunity to wash some of the negativity away, but now it left an unsatisfied feeling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Yeah, he started substituting in the 3rd. The score at that point wasn't lopsided in our favor. Their running game then started slashing our D line easily unlike in the 1st half. I get he prob didnt want to run the score up on his old friend and prob wanted to give some more players filed time since some may get red shirted soon and some may not see the field again this season. Unless....were just killing other teams.. 🙏

Kind of along that line of thinking.  When FAMU didn't punt at the end of the game and we held them I told my wife we would score. Had they punted we would have more than likely run the clock out.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

I agree on most of what you are saying-- just not sure after a win (possibly our only win this year) that we need to be taking a dump on the team.

My problem is that every single time we fail miserably it’s because VPMK and CJS are doing an amazing job and are only being held back by talentless players, bad fans and alumni and the university itself. I’m sick and tired of everyone taking the position that our team, our university and we are the problem that’s holding back their greatness, they are paid professionals and we, the players and the university are the team. These players have the talents to compete at this level and they are the ones being held back, that people are so quick and free to disparage them I honestly find disgusting and is only necessary in order to defend that their emperor has no clothes. Strangely McCloud doesn’t look as bad today and yet here we are…

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No at one point we were a growing and progressing program and you complained the entire time we advanced about how CJL was holding back the program. At this very moment we are still digressing program that CJS has in a free fall nosedive and doesn’t seem to know how to pull the nose up on. If we have progressed at all under his tutelage please kindly point to what can possibly be misconstrued enough to point to progress. He is a rudderless listless ship completely incapable or unwilling to commit to any one path because he doesn’t have the foggiest idea of which one will get him to winning. How he navigates QBs is pretty much all you need to know about his direction, it doesn’t exist.

Speaking of your old buddy. They highlighted him quite a bit during the SMU/La Tech game.  The bad news is that he held La Tech to 37 points.  

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

My problem is that every single time we fail miserably it’s because VPMK and CJS are doing an amazing job and are only being held back by talentless players, bad fans and alumni and the university itself. I’m sick and tired of everyone taking the position that our team, our university and we are the problem that’s holding back their greatness, they are paid professionals and we, the players and the university are the team. These players have the talents to compete at this level and they are the ones being held back, that people are so quick and free to disparage them I honestly find disgusting and is only necessary in order to defend that their emperor has no clothes. Strangely McCloud doesn’t look as bad today and yet here we are…

You sure about that?  Those 230 lb D-line guys?  Those guys?  The undersized LBs? Them? You sometimes make me crazy - which I'm sure is part of your agenda. He's had 1 year to recruit but, then, you know that.