• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the naysayers can take a week off

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My problem is that every single time we fail miserably

Except that last night, to all but the most irrational, wasn't a miserable fail ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

You sure about that?  Those 230 lb D-line guys?  Those guys?  The undersized LBs? Them? You sometimes make me crazy - which I'm sure is part of your agenda. He's had 1 year to recruit but, then, you know that.

He has had two recruiting classes thus far and is perfectly free to use @Corey lea’s portal which he has exercised to bring in players he would like. If he doesn’t see them as his biggest area of need I fail to see why we should but either way it doesn’t seem ignoring that he found something else to focus on and improve. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, puc86 said:

He has had two recruiting classes thus far and is perfectly free to use @Corey lea’s portal which he has exercised to bring in players he would like. If he doesn’t see them as his biggest area of need I fail to see why we should but either way it doesn’t seem ignoring that he found something else to focus on and improve. 

He's had one despite what you say.  He did bring in kids in the portal.  And he couldn't replace the whole team at once. Limited schollies per year.  We may have a QB, we seem to have some WRs and RBs.  He brought in some DB trfs and that all been hurt. Focus on the D next year.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Except that last night, to all but the most irrational, wasn't a miserable fail ....

You felt that was successful? That reminds me of the Citadel game where I said we looked the worst I’ve ever seen and then people pointed out to me all of the nuances they saw and how the game plan was clearly being disguised. We look like a competitive FCS team which as @MikeGso kindly pointed out has us ranked at 130 after yesterday “success”. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, puc86 said:

You felt that was successful? That reminds me of the Citadel game where I said we looked the worst I’ve ever seen and then people pointed out to me all of the nuances they saw and how the game plan was clearly being disguised. We look like a competitive FCS team which as @MikeGso kindly pointed out has us ranked at 130 after yesterday “success”. 

So you saw improvement yesterday?  😄

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

Just now, puc86 said:

sure but I also think a little bit of positive outlook wouldn't be terrible--- or at least holding ones tongue and not acting like the team who won 38-17 was a completely terrible performance.

It wouldn't kill people to enjoy this stupid win for the sake of a win-- when we can expect none down the line with any certainty

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

He's had one despite what you say.  He did bring in kids in the portal.  And he couldn't replace the whole team at once. Limited schollies per year.  We may have a QB, we seem to have some WRs and RBs.  He brought in some DB trfs and that all been hurt. Focus on the D next year.  

Had he not failed in his spectacular and unique fashion and landed big splash recruits in year one there isn’t a single person that would have given that credit to CCS and said we shouldn’t have fired him, at least with CCS there was a hope that one day he would try the issue with CJS is the more of thumbprint he puts on the program and the more he tries the worse we look.

Just now, MikeG said:

sure but I also think a little bit of positive outlook wouldn't be terrible--- or at least holding ones tongue and not acting like the team who won 38-17 was a completely terrible performance.

It wouldn't kill people to enjoy this stupid win for the sake of a win-- when we can expect none down the line with any certainty

Hopefully we beat an FBS team, any of them and I promise I will celebrate and find positives. FCS wins should be expected and we made it look harder than it should have.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

I for one--- have decided to enjoy this tiny nugget of "winning" regardless of opponent or some other stupid complaint.

I have zero faith whatsoever in CJS - think he is just another dope in there for a pay check --- but refuse to let him influence my enjoyment of the team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

I'm happy with the win but disappointed that CJS still hasn't decided on a starting qb.  Either qb would have looked good last night.  Pick one or the other and go with it.  Both will improve as the season progresses.  McClain can run, but he still has a high school body and isn't going to hold up all season taking hits like last night.  I think the best strategy is to start Fortin, bring in McClain for certain plays and in the red zone. 

• Upvote 1