• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the naysayers can take a week off

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I came away with 2 things from that game...........❔.............Good to be on the right side of the score but this Team still hasn't shown that we can beat anyone other than an FSC team. BYU is an unknown. It appears that McClain has talent and did some good things but, he is going to get killed running the ball so much. He is probably feeling his smack downs today. I'm not a Marsh fan..don't think he is the guy. Maybe a solid backup but, he should have looked a lot better after having a year under his belt. Maybe CJS was comparing those 2 guys but Fortin has got to be in this mix somewhere. Ever since the Q we cant find our QB.

We put up a decent half against the gators. If we come out executing like we did last night it'll be a fun game to watch. 

As for the quarterback thing, I felt the same way after BJ Daniels, then we seen flashes of greatness with Q and then boom, the rest is history. I see a whole lot of upside with McClain, he's exciting, and he throws a really good ball. 

I'm willing to tune in just to see what he is capable of and the growth he makes. I feel like we have found our guy and just like any mobile quarterback he'll learn when to take the hit and when to throw it away or slide. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I came away with 2 things from that game...........❔.............Good to be on the right side of the score but this Team still hasn't shown that we can beat anyone other than an FSC team. BYU is an unknown. It appears that McClain has talent and did some good things but, he is going to get killed running the ball so much. He is probably feeling his smack downs today. I'm not a Marsh fan..don't think he is the guy. Maybe a solid backup but, he should have looked a lot better after having a year under his belt. Maybe CJS was comparing those 2 guys but Fortin has got to be in this mix somewhere. Ever since the Q we cant find our QB.

Agreed, this didn’t really feel like a win. There is absolutely no killer instinct on this team and the fact our starters didn’t stay in until the middle of the 4th was frustrating.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

We played a good second half against the Gators is going to be this year’s version of “Were we not 7-0?”

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, at least we can beat a FCS team...let's see if we can make the game interesting next week at BYU...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

15 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

We put up a decent half against the gators. If we come out executing like we did last night it'll be a fun game to watch. 

As for the quarterback thing, I felt the same way after BJ Daniels, then we seen flashes of greatness with Q and then boom, the rest is history. I see a whole lot of upside with McClain, he's exciting, and he throws a really good ball. 

I'm willing to tune in just to see what he is capable of and the growth he makes. I feel like we have found our guy and just like any mobile quarterback he'll learn when to take the hit and when to throw it away or slide. 

True. I'm concerned about McClains durability. He got up slow several times and got hit numerous times. Which then poses the question, if he gets knocked out of the game who is #2 ? We went through this scenario last year. Don't know if BYU has any of those huge Pacific Island boys on their team this year. it's a will see...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

17 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agreed, this didn’t really feel like a win. There is absolutely no killer instinct on this team and the fact our starters didn’t stay in until the middle of the 4th was frustrating.

Yeah, he started substituting in the 3rd. The score at that point wasn't lopsided in our favor. Their running game then started slashing our D line easily unlike in the 1st half. I get he prob didnt want to run the score up on his old friend and prob wanted to give some more players filed time since some may get red shirted soon and some may not see the field again this season. Unless....were just killing other teams.. 🙏

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

14 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Hey, at least we can beat a FCS team...let's see if we can make the game interesting next week at BYU...

We are an FCS team. That was an FCS football game I watched last night from Section 109. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Cubanbull said:

Do they really need one? It seems like that’s a full time job for some on this board

image.png.02e4ff2767c0cd7368ef5f4fb09be853.png

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, TromBull12 said:

I agree with this. Some QBs just have that “it” factor. McClain feels like a left handed Q. Same number 9 and he’s just got an electric quality to him. Very athletic, a lively arm….he’s just fun to watch.

As USF fans let’s embrace a kid that’s just fun to watch. He’s a freshman and for all we know can be the next legendary USF QB following in the footsteps of Blackwell, Grothe, Daniels, and Flowers.

I for one woke up much happier today. I don’t care that it was against FAMU.

GO BULLS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,435
  • Days Won:  19

its always sunny in philadelphia religion GIF