• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive playcalling now versus previous seasons

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, bulloni said:

They did have an all ACC linebacker injured for the year in the first half of Mississippi State, as well as their starting Safety. So the NC State that beat us has a lot better defense than what we saw last week and the rest of the year

Miss State whipped up on NC pretty good last week. Watched it thinking, seeing them play that badly against a team that is good but prob not great..it made our beating feel even more tragic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719

24 minutes ago, bulloni said:

They did have an all ACC linebacker injured for the year in the first half of Mississippi State, as well as their starting Safety. So the NC State that beat us has a lot better defense than what we saw last week and the rest of the year

I didn't see the game, only read about it so I will go on your word.  But it would not surprise me if NC State finishes 3rd or 4th in their division.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

Miss State whipped up on NC pretty good last week. Watched it thinking, seeing them play that badly against a team that is good but prob not great..it made our beating feel even more tragic

Nc State looked so flat in that game...they let them have a opening Kickoff for a td. 

Nc State has a good defense...decent running attack but avg at best passing attack. 

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

When I read about the game and saw the score, I was wondering just how badly Mississippi State would beat us.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081

25 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

All that is true for sure, but have you not noticed how bad our football team is?

Yeah, we are terrible, but so are ECU, Tulsa, Navy and Temple.  It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the future of the AAC.  

1 minute ago, jg233 said:

Yeah, we are terrible, but so are ECU, Tulsa, Navy and Temple.  It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy about the future of the AAC.  

Those other schools you mentioned have not lost ten games in a row like we have, and I am willing to bet that all of them have beaten an FBS team more recently than we have.  So until otherwise proven, USF is the worst of the worst.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081

7 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Those other schools you mentioned have not lost ten games in a row like we have, and I am willing to bet that all of them have beaten an FBS team more recently than we have.  So until otherwise proven, USF is the worst of the worst.

Completely valid point.  FBS wins at USF - Strong 18, Holtz 13, Scott 0.

How many years will it take Scott to not be last on this list?...if he lasts that long.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576

42 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

When I read about the game and saw the score, I was wondering just how badly Mississippi State would beat us.

It looked like our game vs them but they didnt get spanked as badly as they did us

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

There have been some crafty plays through the read option and at times triple option scenarios with the QB rolling out of pocket. Too bad we drop so many passes.

I would say they need to work on what to do in blitz situations! Things kinda fall apart when edge pressure comes in.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

On 9/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, jg233 said:

Completely valid point.  FBS wins at USF - Strong 18, Holtz 13, Scott 0.

How many years will it take Scott to not be last on this list?...if he lasts that long.

In Scott’s defense, Strong and Holtz inherited winning teams and in Strong’s case probably our best team ever. Scott took over a bad team, he can be compared more to Taggart.