• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Somebody has to have a "breakout" game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He had all last year to see that the DL was trash and the only portal guy he signed was a DE from New Mexico that never made it on campus.  The interior of the DL is awful yet they all came back with no help from the portal.  Inexcusable!

Would you like to know what is more heartbreaking? I wished that player well on IG and he inboxed me asking me how did I find out he was transferring and I gave him the link to the new story. I told him we definitely could have used his contributions and he stated "I'm sorry for not staying, but it just wasn't the right fit for me".......I'm not sure what he meant by that, and didnt feel like asking. This is like the 3rd West Coast D-line transfer that didn't make it to campus in a row. 

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Or it is a sign that no one has separated themselves. Like I said we'll have to disagree on this issue.

All I can say CR is that in roughly 30 years of coaching baseball, majority at high school age level ad a head coach or assistant coach, I have never needed more than a couple weeks of evaluation to set a depth chart and have a pretty good idea of what guys can do.  Sure it can change and someone may surprise for better or worse, but neither me or anyone I have coaches with have needed half a season to figure out.  There was one season, my only losing one, but that was due to injuries and that uncertainty was a big reason.  By the way, the second half was much better than the first because I figured it out 😉