• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Ticket Question

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

I noticed yesterday that the seats held in the 3rd level for students had zero people sitting in them.  Bad decision on the part of USF to not sell those.  Another 4,000 seats at $80 each would have put an additional $300K in the coffers.  I know they are held as part of the 12,000 student allocation but even in our heyday, no students ventured up to the 3rd level.  If no more seats were available in the first and second levels they just hung out on the patios.  Probably only needed once or twice in the next decade, but for our next sell out (Alabama 2023), sell the **** tickets and keep their money.  If we insist on distributing 12,000 tickets to students for the biggest games, then make it clear there are only seats for 8,000 and everyone else is SRO (that's what they do anyhow).  Am I missing something here?

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

My son is a student and he said there was no seats left for students. He came and sat with us in 110.  After half time, our section was full of students. Students need to remain a priority at games. More students = future fans and boosters. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

18 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

My son is a student and he said there was no seats left for students. He came and sat with us in 110.  After half time, our section was full of students. Students need to remain a priority at games. More students = future fans and boosters

Agreed. So either those 3rd level seats were there for students and they didn't know, or want ,to sit there or something else was going on .....

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If you were still a student, would you sit in the 3d level like a kid at a church pew, or would you go hang by the pirate ship to check out the talent? It took until about the day before, but the game was sold out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

My son is a student and he said there was no seats left for students. He came and sat with us in 110.  After half time, our section was full of students. Students need to remain a priority at games. More students = future fans and boosters. 

There were plenty of seats open for students in the second level corners where the tarps were the past couple years.  It looked like students only ventured into the first few rows.  When they say there were no seats left for students, they must have meant just the 100 level end zone around the band because there were thousands of empty red student seats in the 200 and 300 corners.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

... the game was sold out.

Can't sell tickets twice. Unless we sell 1st half tix and 2nd half tix.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

There were plenty of seats open for students in the second level corners where the tarps were the past couple years.  It looked like students only ventured into the first few rows.  When they say there were no seats left for students, they must have meant just the 100 level end zone around the band because there were thousands of empty red student seats in the 200 and 300 corners.

GO BULLS!

I can't blame the students too much. Enough haven't bothered to come for awhile so they weren't accustomed to not sitting in that lower endzone level ..

23 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Can't sell tickets twice. Unless we sell 1st half tix and 2nd half tix.

Very true and it won't be an issue again until 2023.  Interesting to understand if everyone who has a ticket must have a seat assignment also.  Many students would be happy to just get an SRO ticket knowing they don't have a seat as they are just going to hang out and move around anyhow.  The question is this..is the fire marshall capacity 67,000 or can you distribute more tickets than that as standing room only for the patios?  Like I said it won't matter until Alabama comes to town.  GO BULLS!

Fire Marshall Bill - Let Me Show You Something" Greeting Card by  Television- | Redbubble

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

What the hell, they should put students on the 20 yard line on one of the sides. There is no one there and it would look good for tv. Student fees keep going up and up..give them a better seat. Who knows maybe more will attend. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

Both end zones should be student seats.  Students are not going to sit in corners on the 2nd or 3rd level. It’s my understanding that student seats are general admission without seat assignment