• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cade gets the start this week against UF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

Matt Floyd would like a word with you.

And yes you can absolutely dump someone if they are unable to move the ball against an unranked first string defense, and it was said person's first start in like 3 years.

The main reason to do the switch now though is because a mobile quarterback is how you compensate for not having a lot of offensive weapons.  I hate that we are doing this experiment again, with another coach trying to install a pocket passer, instead of using a system that works wonders in college ball.

Matt Floyd .......... that was unusually cruel, low blow. Cade didn't fumble any snaps, did he?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Wouldnt be surprised to see the Miami transfer play if Fortin struggles

And Cade is a dual threat qb, he can be mobile…just sayin

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Where do you get 3x the minutes?  

1st quarter - Fortin

2nd Qtr - McClain 

3rd Qtr - McClain then Fortin at very end 

4th Qtr - Fortin

Fortin had 7 more pass attempts, and he was in the game in the 4th quarter playing against the 2nd/3rd stringers you mentioned

Sorry, didn't watch the 4th quarter. I assumed McClain didn't get pulled for a guy who couldn't complete a shovel pass. I don't think this helps either of their cases.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

To me this game is like a scrimmage, try different players, plays etc and see what works and who plays better and harder. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Sorry, didn't watch the 4th quarter. I assumed McClain didn't get pulled for a guy who couldn't complete a shovel pass. I don't think this helps either of their cases.

Bro...come on now.  Why are you arguing about something you didn't even watch?

My point is that one was clearly better, even though the box score sucked.  And yes to your earlier point, 2 is only twice as good as 1...but our coach is now deciding to roll with that 1 and that seems stupid.  If McClain can control his turnovers there's way more upside.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

To me this game is like a scrimmage, try different players, plays etc and see what works and who plays better and harder. 

No, it’s not a scrimmage. You try and win every game. Last time I checked this wasn’t pop Warner football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Bro...come on now.  Why are you arguing about something you didn't even watch?

My point is that one was clearly better, even though the box score sucked.  And yes to your earlier point, 2 is only twice as good as 1...but our coach is now deciding to roll with that 1 and that seems stupid.  If McClain can control his turnovers there's way more upside.

Why are you arguing about a guy who threw for 126 yards with 2 interceptions as if it makes ANY difference? We're going to get curb stomped within a dumpster fire with a side of boat raced. McClain v. Fortin on a production level is pointless. If you're saying both had a half, one threw for 80 yards and 2 interceptions and the other went for 250 with 4 interceptions if we extrapolate for a game. Both didn't do **** for points. What's better?

But, if you want to throw McClain to the wolves since he's a freshman, I'm fine with that. At least there is the possibility McClain learns from and gets better because of the game this week. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

4 minutes ago, StPeteBull91 said:

No, it’s not a scrimmage. You try and win every game. Last time I checked this wasn’t pop Warner football.

Ok

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yeah I am fine with Cade starting, no sense in puting the freshman in there early with the jitters and then gets hurt. Let Cade take the lumps early then put the kid in once the outcome has been decided so he can get the reps. The season starts the week after. Have I mentioned how much I HATE this schedule…

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

McClain is clearly better.