• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Depth chart not being released till game day. Boise State announced there's isn't release till the day before gameday so I don't think this is too unusual

So frustrating!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

8 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

So frustrating!

CJS announced in his presser that the coaches informed the players that they will be told following the last full practice prior to the NC State game who the starters will be. Seems like a pretty good way to keep guys hungry and competing. I imagine that many will know based upon who is getting the 1st team snaps, but I am sure there are a few positions where the competition to start is still fierce. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Johnny Ford is going to be the #2 RB at FAU

Really wish we still had him.  Loved his play-making abilities and excitement he brought to the games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,914
  • Days Won:  67

56 minutes ago, pistonpete said:

Really wish we still had him.  Loved his play-making abilities and excitement he brought to the games.

I agree however he was such a head case and this was probably the reason we got him originally, he may have been more trouble than what he was worth.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, pistonpete said:

Kid had issues…

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

We shouldn't have updated our roster. We could have let NC State prepare for Jordan McCloud and Jacquez Evans. 

Took a look at the guys we "lost" to the transfer portal and it highlights the overall lack of talent that we had on this team last year. Of the 17 players who transferred out, 11 of them have not been reported to have signed with another school. Of the 6 that did, McCloud went to Arizona and is #3 on their depth chart (and expected to transfer out again), Bentlee Sanders went to Nevada and is likely to start, Johnny Ford is going to be the #2 RB at FAU, 2 guys went to Division II, and one went JUCO. Hoping CJS can bring in some talent. Building depth is going to be a key to future success. 

McCloud - Arizona

Bentlee sanders - Nevada (starter)

Randal At. Felix - FIU (starter)

Nick Roberts, Fredrick Lloyd, & Mathis - ULM (2 of the 2 will start)

Johnny Ford - FAU ( He may be #2, but he beat out a GREAT group of rbs at FAU and shall have a great year. 

The rest landed in div 2 or juco which happens 2 players from many P5 teams as well. Only about 4 - 5 of those 17 didnt find a home and 2 of those 4 should be able 2 find a place this year. Jaquez Evans is a great athlete but doesnt want 2 give up playing QB. If he settled for running back or DB he would have been found a spot. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

38 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

McCloud - Arizona

Bentlee sanders - Nevada (starter)

Randal At. Felix - FIU (starter)

Nick Roberts, Fredrick Lloyd, & Mathis - ULM (2 of the 2 will start)

Johnny Ford - FAU ( He may be #2, but he beat out a GREAT group of rbs at FAU and shall have a great year. 

The rest landed in div 2 or juco which happens 2 players from many P5 teams as well. Only about 4 - 5 of those 17 didnt find a home and 2 of those 4 should be able 2 find a place this year. Jaquez Evans is a great athlete but doesnt want 2 give up playing QB. If he settled for running back or DB he would have been found a spot. 

Thanks for providing this for more context. I was looking at 247 and while they are pretty on top of their recruiting info, their transfer portal updates seem to be sorely lacking. Fredrick Lloyd wasn't even listed, so that means 18 guys in the portal. Still, only 7  of the 18 finding homes at the Division I level suggests that the talent level just wasn't really there. Take a look at where the guys that left ECU and Temple landed for comparison sake. 

Looking at the list, Ford was the biggest loss, but his replacements here may even be an improvement. Sanders was undersized, but a solid player. Roberts was hated on here, but I always thought he was more than serviceable. St. Felix was good, but his talent was likely hindered greatly by the QB play. Listening to CJS on 620 am this morning and it sounds as if though talent and personality were the biggest reason for most of the departures. If you have two guys that are close when you are in a rebuild, you go with the younger one almost always.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Thanks for providing this for more context. I was looking at 247 and while they are pretty on top of their recruiting info, their transfer portal updates seem to be sorely lacking. Fredrick Lloyd wasn't even listed, so that means 18 guys in the portal. Still, only 7  of the 18 finding homes at the Division I level suggests that the talent level just wasn't really there. Take a look at where the guys that left ECU and Temple landed for comparison sake. 

Looking at the list, Ford was the biggest loss, but his replacements here may even be an improvement. Sanders was undersized, but a solid player. Roberts was hated on here, but I always thought he was more than serviceable. St. Felix was good, but his talent was likely hindered greatly by the QB play. Listening to CJS on 620 am this morning and it sounds as if though talent and personality were the biggest reason for most of the departures. If you have two guys that are close when you are in a rebuild, you go with the younger one almost always.  

I think Johnny Ford was suspended 2 separate times under Charlie then left the team last year before the season was even over. Roberts walked off the field during the Tulsa game. To turn around the culture we couldnt afford guys who cause distractions like this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I will agree. About 5 out of the 17 were good, everybody else were just underachievers.