• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, hm101 said:

Dabo Swinney didn't win 10 games until his 4th season. By some USF fans' standards, I guess he should have been fired before then. 

Most great things take time. Companies, teams, etc. YEARS before you start to see it all come together. But not at USF I guess, it's the one exception to every organizational success story pretty much ever. I guess. 

Never once is going backwards a necessary step towards improvement and the sooner you start taking steps forward instead of continuing the wrong direction the easier improvement will be to implement and the more likely you will be there for its implementation. Maybe day one things should be expected to be a disaster but by day 200 you should be able to vector in on at least a single thing you could make better, CJS will likely go 500 days without a single FBS win and that’s a bit difficult to sell as improvement you know is happening.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I would like to see something tangible that points towards improvement before I can believe that brighter days are ahead.

Charlie Strong was fired.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

But you seconded a post on page 1 saying he is the man?  Not a man but THE man.  I agree with the post above however vehemently disagreed with anyone saying he is the guy.  He maybe the guy but way too early to say he is it. We are confusing two different thoughts and both of the conflicting thoughts came from you on this thread. 😀

Chico had The Man too.  He probably won no football games. The Man doesn't equal The Nick Saban by my book.

I seconded the post after watching his press conference.  I think we are in good hands.  I am not longing for Guz Mahlzan or Slick Willie Taggart.  He didn't say stupid **** like Charlie Strong did.  I'm content to #Bullieve.  I think we're at a good starting line.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Chico had The Man too.  He probably won no football games. The Man doesn't equal The Nick Saban by my book.

I seconded the post after watching his press conference.  I think we are in good hands.  I am not longing for Guz Mahlzan or Slick Willie Taggart.  He didn't say stupid **** like Charlie Strong did.  I'm content to #Bullieve.  I think we're at a good starting line.

Excuse me

9B5C6D46-249F-4C40-BF4A-8DB7E9ABF528.jpeg

• Haha 1

We know who The Man was.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’m gonna let this season play out before making any judgment on CJS

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Actually The Man employed Chico and ran an auto Repair shop so of course he did not win any football games, was too busy fixing cars.  If CJS is the Man I only hope he doesn’t oppress my peeps, I won’t stand for the Man bringing me down.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  82
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/4/2021 at 1:05 PM, bulloni said:

considering 117 guys reported for fall camp that doesn't really tell us much. Hopefully it includes a lot of weight gained on that dline

Consider that not all players need to lose or gain weight 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I feel a lot better about this guy over Charlie Strong. 
But I do get Skip Holtz vibes from him. Hopefully he can recruit the Bay, unlike Skip. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Brad said:

We might be confusing different thoughts.  While I don't hold him fully responsible for last season, I also have not see enough to know that this is the guy that takes us to the promised land.  We tend to think in extremes or opposites on this board (and it seems in other facets of life). 

Some more than others ....

All I am saying is I don't worry too much about last season - it was a mess on all accounts.

That's really is it in a nutshell. The time spent on this has been a ******* joke ...... but also a nice little time killer between seasons.