• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

USF has basically no media coverage in local media, particularly the Times.  Who is covering USF football, and where can one go to read coverage of fall camp?

Auman did a fantastic job covering USF.  Knight did a good job too, despite harping on actual attendance and other issues.  At least the Bulls were covered.

Outside of reading the write-ups on the USF athletics website (which are obviously homeristic and positively slanted), where can one find decent independent coverage of USF football?  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

USF has basically no media coverage in local media, particularly the Times.  Who is covering USF football, and where can one go to read coverage of fall camp?

Matt Baker is proud of his media pieces for the Bulls.  I'd recommend you check out his stellar work.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Matt Baker is proud of his media pieces for the Bulls.  I'd recommend you check out his stellar work.  

Liar-o.gif

• Like 1

Out of respect, I didn't say this on twitter, but that guy will be a great replacement for Martin Fennelly - ignorant, yet able to write condescending and harmful hit pieces whenever called upon.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

52 minutes ago, Brad said:

Out of respect, I didn't say this on twitter, but that guy will be a great replacement for Martin Fennelly - ignorant, yet able to write condescending and harmful hit pieces whenever called upon.

So why do you respect him?

Well, I guess I kind of did, actually.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

They're kinda cocky, and you have to get used to their style, and not many here like them but, the daily stampede usually has good coverage.  The also have a podcast where they discuss all USF sports.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

They're kinda cocky, and you have to get used to their style, and not many here like them but, the daily stampede usually has good coverage.  The also have a podcast where they discuss all USF sports.

I feel like I missed some qualifiers there.  But, they don't usually discuss attendance, and when they are critical, it is usually justified.  And they're fans of the school.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

There exists no good source of consistent USF sports news coverage. The best individual news/inside info coverage of any team at this point is Russ Wood’s work on men’s hoops at the USF Rivals.com site.

• Like 1