• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football just got a nice break...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Houston’s coach had some at WVU but the jury is still out (many of their fans already believe he is a failure). But my comment was general toward “fired” P5 coaches. 

Ok, so maybe Dana Holgorsen?  He wasn't fired and his success was nominal, but maybe he is an example

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Ok, so maybe Dana Holgorsen?  He wasn't fired and his success was nominal, but maybe he is an example

No he was not fired but he may have not had long. Generally, he left before he got fired. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 2/24/2021 at 7:05 AM, slowdown said:

LOL I'm not an every day reader so I was definitely reading the whole thread at once but was referencing someone from page 2 who were comparing Strong and Malzahn based on record.

I actually agree Malzahn is probably going to be just decent.   But my thought is that he can win 8 or 9 most years, pretty much always make a bowl,  but be a conference contender if and when they have the right QB.

That sounds about right.  Hopefully does a little worse than 8 or 9 wins most years though.  Hoping they become a 6-6 type midling team.  Hopefully since he is a retread.