• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF football just got a nice break...

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Always hoping they get it wrong. But, and this is the thing that fires me up, they seem to have an Andy Dufresne aura of swimming through a pile of **** and coming up golden. 

Nice reference, one of my favorite movies of all time! 

I like to compare their recent situation more to Morgan Freeman's character.  He was stuck in that horrible prison all his life, and at the very end he found the Pacific Ocean, in their case quite a bit of success recently.  Hopefully it is short lived.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I like to compare their recent situation more to Morgan Freeman's character.  He was stuck in that horrible prison all his life, and at the very end he found the Pacific Ocean, in their case quite a bit of success recently.  Hopefully it is short lived.  In the big scheme of things, their recent success is a small percentage of how bad and/or irrelevant they have been.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

25 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Also, Gus wasn't the head coach when Auburn won with Newton.

Gus was the coach when the team laid down and gave the Kanigits a natty ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

25 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I like to compare their recent situation more to Morgan Freeman's character.  He was stuck in that horrible prison all his life, and at the very end he found the Pacific Ocean, in their case quite a bit of success recently.  Hopefully it is short lived.  

I hope we're Red and they're the warden who rode the shady high horse for a long while...

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Good points, hence Kerwin Bell 

Bell is proof positive that some things work well on all levels 

6EB15800-6073-4987-936D-05174B979E09.gif

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Also, Gus wasn't the head coach when Auburn won with Newton.

No, he was the OC

Guest Jonesy Bull
19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Gus was the coach when the team laid down and gave the Kanigits a natty ....

Well the caveat is they had just lost the SEC Championship, so the Peach Bowl was like a "Whatever" for them.  

On the surface this looks like a good hire for Knights.  He has always had overall winning records at Auburn but nothing to write home about except for his first season which was 12-2 (7-1 in conference).   Also did pretty well in 2017.  The rest of his years are MEH, imo.

Overall his body of work is inconsistent.  He has the one great year 1.  After that he has always had winning overall records but not overly impressive (ranging between 4-6 losses) - a little above average.  His Conference records have been all over the place.  2 great seasons in 2013 and 2017 going 7-1.  But the rest conference seasons range beetween 2-6 and 6-4.  Mostly very average years, with a couple of losing seasons sprinkled in.

That's Auburn.  How will he do at UCF.  Well how he can recruit the state of Florida will be the key.  He has shown with really good talent he can win.  But if he doesn't get the players say that Frost was able to get, then he most likely be the mediocre coach he was at Auburn.

Just my 2 cents.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Well the caveat is they had just lost the SEC Championship, so the Peach Bowl was like a "Whatever" for them. 

Please dont perpetuate this idea

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

12 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Please dont perpetuate this idea

While "a whatever" maybe be a little too simplified, perpetuating the idea that Auburn didn't play that game the same way they played the SECCG, or even a reg SEC conf game, is far from being unrealistic ...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/15/2021 at 3:11 PM, chapelbull said:

He won in the SEC unlike ccs ...

HKGYEW7SZJDX7BHKYWVRW23BCQ.jpg

UCF named Gus Malzahn the Knights’ next football coach and will introduce him during a news conference at 2 p.m. Monday.

"Malzahn is known for his no-huddle hurry-up offenses. His first season at Arkansas State, the Red Wolves finished ranked No. 26 (34.9 points per game) in the Football Bowl Subdivision in scoring offense.

This is a great hire for them. However, y'all keep bringing up Strong. This is Scott's team and I sure as hell saw who he is this fall. The best move he made is go to the portal and find some players. This is what Strong should have did. USF would make a great Last Chance U kinda school.