• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF football just got a nice break...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And it has not worked yet...

Nupe

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

Gus isn't their biggest question now, it's replacing all the great, productive players who have moved on. Gabriel gives them a fighting chance, but A LOT of production just walked out the door there.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

Auburn will NOT destroy us!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

There are some parallels between Malzhan and Strong

The biggest parallel is that they both had the chance to derail the Kanigit Delusion Train and failed. CCS at L'ville in 2013 and Gus in 2017 ..

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

On 2/22/2021 at 11:55 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

Gus isn't their biggest question now, it's replacing all the great, productive players who have moved on. Gabriel gives them a fighting chance, but A LOT of production just walked out the door there.

Gabriel still might be a candidate to transfer out if Huepel looks at the QB situation at Tennessee and doesn't like what he sees. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 2/22/2021 at 10:40 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

And it has not worked yet...

How many guys who have had success at the P5 level have attempted this?  Kiffin went to FAU and earned a gig in the SEC.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

How many guys who have had success at the P5 level have attempted this?  Kiffin went to FAU and earned a gig in the SEC.   

Houston’s coach had some at WVU but the jury is still out (many of their fans already believe he is a failure). But my comment was general toward “fired” P5 coaches. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/22/2021 at 9:50 AM, BullyPulpit said:

I do see some similarities between Malzahn and Tuberville. Tuberville did well for awhile at Auburn, with one great season. He actually performed better in conference than did Malzahn.

Tuberville's record was better but the conference and the SEC west was not as strong. No Saban, no Texas A&M, and Ole Miss and Miss St were tougher in the 2010's.  I don't see much of a performance gap when considering the relative conference strength. 

But as you say I think Malzahn is more stylistically suited for UCF than Tuberville was to go to Texas Tech, which was replacing Leach I think?  That always seemed like an odd fit.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

I think most everybody would admit that Malzahn is better than Strong.  There were red flags all over the place with his performance at Texas.

Malzahn is not an up and coming hot shot Coordinator that the Knats have hired recently.  He is a retread, and retreads have not fared very well recently even at the AAC level....We will see.  I think Malzahn will be decent but not great, gut feeling.

LOL I'm not an every day reader so I was definitely reading the whole thread at once but was referencing someone from page 2 who were comparing Strong and Malzahn based on record.

I actually agree Malzahn is probably going to be just decent.   But my thought is that he can win 8 or 9 most years, pretty much always make a bowl,  but be a conference contender if and when they have the right QB.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

53 minutes ago, slowdown said:

LOL I'm not an every day reader so I was definitely reading the whole thread at once but was referencing someone from page 2 who were comparing Strong and Malzahn based on record.

I actually agree Malzahn is probably going to be just decent.   But my thought is that he can win 8 or 9 most years, pretty much always make a bowl,  but be a conference contender if and when they have the right QB.

He is already bringing over Mark Anthony-Richards. With the lax transfer rules this year he could potentially bring over a lot of talent. Strong brought us no one, except one LB that lasted about a month.