• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game Discussion-Basketball: Bulls vs. Tulane (Feb 14) 2 pm TV: ESPNU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

The real shame of this game is that I didn't make a bet. Won the Houston game and forgot on this one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't remember but how many top 50 wins did we have that year?

Why does that matter? I am not arguing with you, just not sure why it would matter then. In his second season after taking over for Antigua he got players to come here and he led them to a post-season championship. Last season he was just unlucky with the Yetna injury, and everyone should get a free pass this season due to the pandemic. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Why does that matter? I am not arguing with you, just not sure why it would matter then. In his second season after taking over for Antigua he got players to come here and he led them to a post-season championship. Last season he was just unlucky with the Yetna injury, and everyone should get a free pass this season due to the pandemic. 

So if the team wins 12 games next year you still on board? I mean how many free rides does he get? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

26 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

The problem is it is consistent with not meeting expectations. Every year we hear - we are a basketball school. We are going to be good this year. Stan Health’s tourney team seems like forever ago - oh because it was. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

The problem is it is consistent with not meeting expectations. Every year we hear - we are a basketball school. We are going to be good this year. Stan Health’s tourney team seems like forever ago - oh because it was. 

And people wanted Heath fired ....  and he was.    Who sets these expectations? 

Year 1 we showed pretty good improvement taking over a dumpster fire

Year 2 we were competitive and win the CBI

Year 3 lost Yetna on the eve of the season.  Still fairly competitive lost some tough ones to good teams.  Season cut short

Year 4 ... Covid ... 32 days between games.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Good thing we have baseball to look forward to.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So if the team wins 12 games next year you still on board? I mean how many free rides does he get? 

It goes beyond just how many wins, but the context behind those wins and those losses. Having seen the mess that the basketball program has been I think that MK gives him alot of rope. Gregory has changed the culture of the program and the eventually Gregory will get us into the NCAAT. IMO MK should extend him.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

It goes beyond just how many wins, but the context behind those wins and those losses. Having seen the mess that the basketball program has been I think that MK gives him alot of rope. Gregory has changed the culture of the program and the eventually Gregory will get us into the NCAAT. IMO MK should extend him.

Why extend him? Is there a worry someone is going to come along and try to steal him from us?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Why extend him? Is there a worry someone is going to come along and try to steal him from us?

This really is the question, let him play out and then we make a decision.  I am losing confidence in him but let’s see what happens.  It is kind of like High school, we are dating a fat chick and want to dump her but have no better options so we hope she puts down the pizza slice and sheds some lbs, tapping a big ass is better than no ass, at least while you are young and full of testosterone.  Now I would simply go to bed.