• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bearcats and Dawgs in Peach Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Maybe or maybe not, we could debate forever, but that doesn't change the fact that Cinci isn't one of the top 4 teams in the country.   

But god there is a drop off in college football after the first three. I would prefer a round robin than watching ND. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But god there is a drop off in college football after the first three. I would prefer a round robin than watching ND. 

I thought you weren’t watching the playoffs 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I thought you weren’t watching the playoffs 😂😂😂

Started but stop. Got my game tracker on though. Hey didn’t we play ND this year? I can’t remember 😀. Actually I am looking for a movie but can’t find anything. Might have to read. Reading a great book on the Boston massacre from the British perspective. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Started but stop. Got my game tracker on though. Hey didn’t we play ND this year? I can’t remember 😀. Actually I am looking for a movie but can’t find anything. Might have to read. Reading a great book on the Boston massacre from the British perspective. 

I guess there are two sides to every event, but that sounds mildly interesting - I would say that the British perspective was that they were badly outnumbered and had no choice but to fire into an unruly mob in-order to maintain order and stop illegal property destruction 

What is the book called?

2 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I guess there are two sides to every event, but that sounds mildly interesting - I would say that the British perspective was that they were badly outnumbered and had no choice but to fire into an unruly mob in-order to maintain order and stop illegal property destruction 

What is the book called?

“The Boston Massacre - A Family History.” It’s not supporting what they did but just what the shooters went through starting from the time they signed up with the Redcoats, guarded property in Ireland, going to Nova Scotia, and then on to Boston. Yes, the mob provoked the shooting but there could be more points to that but I have not read that far yet.  

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

“The Boston Massacre - A Family History.” It’s not supporting what they did but just what the shooters went through starting from the time they signed up with the Redcoats, guarded property in Ireland, going to Nova Scotia, and then on to Boston. Yes, the mob provoked the shooting but there could be more points to that but I have not read that far yet.  

My BA is in history - the Revolution and Civil War are my favorite periods due to the political, social and economic upheaval that they represented, along with the national impact

i will have to check out that book

8 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

My BA is in history - the Revolution and Civil War are my favorite periods due to the political, social and economic upheaval that they represented, along with the national impact

i will have to check out that book

I’ll let you know my overall thoughts once I get through it bowman1. Off topic but I wrote a book on Boston’s Long Wharf that comes out March 29th. I have a few chapters on the American Revolution which I would be happy to share. Just PM if you are interested. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, bowman1 said:

No - I am not

Both ND and OSU are limping into the CFB.  ND following an embarrassing blowout by Clemson and OSU with 6 wins (none of any note)

If ever there was a year to take an alt team, this was it

Cinci may have lost, but that will be the most competitive matchup today

Both of those teams would beat Cinci and no they wouldn't be more competitive against either Clemson or Bama.  And if you don't like ND or OSU in the CFP for whatever reason, you'll need to make excuses for not taking Florida, Tex A&M, Oklahoma, and apparently UGA ... at the very least .....  before we even start talking about Cinci maybe deserving to be in the FInal Four

Edited by chapelbull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It was a funny then and it is still funny now.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

The 2nd best team in Ohio is currently rolling Clemson .... Justin Fields' injury status pending