• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

About today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, michibull said:

I personally think we need to try and build tradition, especially being a young program with very little. We need to go back to the old helmets, green shirts and white pants (or green) for home games and white shirts and green pants for road games.  Save the alternate uniforms for a once a year game. We need to focus on consistency in all things. Ohio State, Alabama, USC, Texas..... they all have their main jerseys and people know them the moment they see them. We used to have that with our helmets back in the day and dark green gear, now we are unidentifiable with anything to do with football. Focus on football, not the uni’s and build tradition and consistency, that’s what will build the brand we want. 

This. People wonder why we have no tradition...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. People wonder why we have no tradition...

And here I’ve always thought it had to do with ripping the heart of the program just as things were starting to blossom, that and anytime anyone makes a tradition everyone violation on it for being unoriginal or too unique 

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And here I’ve always thought it had to do with ripping the heart of the program just as things were starting to blossom, that and anytime anyone makes a tradition everyone violation on it for being unoriginal or too unique 

You lost me with this part...we are in perpetual winter.

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You lost me with this part...we are in perpetual winter.

Believe as you will up in New England where it can sometimes be hard to find the lonely sunshine beam but in Tampa there was in fact traditions that were forming along with passion for the program, we then stomped that out in when fell swoop and have not seen it since. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, puc86 said:

Believe as you will up in New England where it can sometimes be hard to find the lonely sunshine beam but in Tampa there was in fact traditions that were forming along with passion for the program, we then stomped that out in when fell swoop and have not seen it since. 

Just out of curiosity, what does a coach have to do for you to let CJL go?

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Just out of curiosity, what does a coach have to do for you to let CJL go?

Be more successful, it’s really quite simple actually 1-9 doesn’t quite do it for me, being below .500 and having a single good season to your name that ain’t it, driving the program into the ground really doesn’t impress me much, not beating any teams I’ve ever heard of before probably isn’t it either but if someone could actually try for once delivering the better we were promised over a decade a 5 coaches ago and maybe even string it together for a few years I am all for it and it’s past time to move on. That we thought it was so easy to do better and have yet to come close after 5 coaches and this much time is a shame and I really cannot believe that we have not actually succeeded as yet. I want to move on as much as anyone wants me to move on and it’s about time for someone to give us a reason beyond hopes, dreams, rebuilds, new players, next year and oh wait I meant three years from now. The time to fix things is passing and at some point if anyone actually does fix the mess our administration created there won’t be anyone left to even know it happened. Just win, that’s what you said you were going to do and it’s about **** time to deliver on that beyond an occasional flash in the pan that doesn’t even hold up to scrutiny of being better for a single fleeting season.

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Ahh yes I forgot...that was when we were “Title Town USA”...also strangely it is 61 in Boston right now and 54 in Tampa. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Be more successful, it’s really quite simple actually 1-9 doesn’t quite do it for me, being below .500 and having a single good season to your name that ain’t it, driving the program into the ground really doesn’t impress me much, not beating any teams I’ve ever heard of before probably isn’t it either but if someone could actually try for once delivering the better we were promised over a decade a 5 coaches ago and maybe even string it together for a few years I am all for it and it’s past time to move on. That we thought it was so easy to do better and have yet to come close after 5 coaches and this much time is a shame and I really cannot believe that we have not actually succeeded as yet. I want to move on as much as anyone wants me to move on and it’s about time for someone to give us a reason beyond hopes, dreams, rebuilds, new players, next year and oh wait I meant three years from now. The time to fix things is passing and at some point if anyone actually does fix the mess our administration created there won’t be anyone left to even know it happened. Just win, that’s what you said you were going to do and it’s about **** time to deliver on that beyond an occasional flash in the pan that doesn’t even hold up to scrutiny of being better for a single fleeting season.

so four or five 8-5 seasons should do it?  Do they have to put in a full decade here? I mean, do we not consider the full landscape of college football and realize that we are probably in the same general position with or without CJL?

I think the honest answer for some on here is nothing.  

the bitter ex mentality drives me nuts.Spongebob Squarepants Milk GIF

Edited by BrassBulls12

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ahh yes I forgot...that was when we were “Title Town USA”...also strangely it is 61 in Boston right now and 54 in Tampa. 

Pittsburgh we were not but still had the building of a fanbase and the starting of traditions, it was palpable and I can see that if you weren’t here the zeitgeist is not understandable to you but it does not mean it didn’t exist.

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

so four or five 8-5 seasons should do it?  Do they have to put in a full decade here? I mean, do we not consider the full landscape of college football and realize that we are probably in the same general position with or without CJL?

I think the honest answer for some on here is nothing. 

I will settle for three as long as they come with some wins against teams that I actually care about and aren’t made up entirely of AAC games that only a handful of people care about at all. I’m a reasonable person and if someone can even win the lowly AAC I will try to look at it as a turning point but there is no way that you can convince me that we would have had a relatively similar decade and be sitting again at the bottom of the AAC had we not decided to blow up the program. We have had a decade of disastrous instability that is ever changing by the new requirements for the next bad fit coach that needs to completely rebuild his program with his players that he will never even see graduate just to have the next guy come in and start back at the ever moving backwards year 1, year 0 year negative 1.  UCF went from never being able to beat us to now tying it up by going 6-2, that doesn’t happen without a coaching change or 5.