• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

About today

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think the more pragmatic approach to that is that success plays a greater part in continuity than the reverse ...

Agreed but we were most successful when we had continuity we then broke that continuity for fun and then we have never enjoyed the same level of success. We also dominated UCF when we were most successful and had the most continuity and to say that it would have simply stopped because it was inevitable is disingenuous at best. There is a clear line of when were successful and they were not and then they were successful and we were not and it is pretty obviously where we decided to shoot ourselves in the foot.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Agreed but we were most successful when we had continuity we then broke that continuity for fun and then we have never enjoyed the same level of success.

This is where the disconnect in the argument comes from .... a difference of opinion of what defines "success". Those that thought it was time to move on from CJL (I'm not in that particular camp, for the record) have a different one than those who are saying letting him go is the primary source of our problems .....

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We also dominated UCF when we were most successful and had the most continuity and to say that it would have simply stopped because it was inevitable is disingenuous at best. There is a clear line of when were successful and they were not and then they were successful and we were not and it is pretty obviously where we decided to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Actually two lines. The one you're totally ignoring is the line pertaining to conference membership ....

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is where the disconnect in the argument comes from .... a difference of opinion of what defines "success". Those that thought it was time to move on from CJL (I'm not in that particular camp, for the record) have a different one than those who are saying letting him go is the primary source of our problems .....

Actually two lines. The one you're totally ignoring is the line pertaining to conference membership ....

Everything in life is relative and success can pretty easily be defined as doing better in one era vs another (despite the hardships of actually continually moving up in ranks before even getting thru a recruiting cycle), and I have not discounted the second line but that the fall began well before it tells me it may not have been the cause.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

36 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Everything in life is relative and success can pretty easily be defined as doing better in one era vs another (despite the hardships of actually continually moving up in ranks before even getting thru a recruiting cycle), and I have not discounted the second line but that the fall began well before it tells me it may not have been the cause.

In the overall scheme of things, the powers that be probably made a bigger mistake in handcuffing Skip, leading to his demise here, than firing CJL. We were destined to fall back to a level that CSH had been successful at, and maybe even more importantly, he had a 4-1 record against the Kanigits.

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

In the overall scheme of things, the powers that be probably made a bigger mistake in handcuffing Skip, leading to his demise here, than firing CJL. We were destined to fall back to a level that CSH had been successful at, and maybe even more importantly, he had a 4-1 record against the Kanigits.

I actually think it is a fair enough take and it would have been nice to know how much of the issues CSH faced were self induced and how much were forced upon him, either way the pain started then (when we first were missing CJL, were still comfortably in the BEast and it really has not stopped except for a brief reprieve of two seasons).