• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Starting QB for Next Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

Unfortunately, after McCloud's performance against a defense that managed to make Bryce Miller look like an All-American we will be watching McCloud as the starting QB in 2021. 

Worst hot take in years. Too bad you had to chop down the player who was the best wide out, has more heart than anyone on the team, and is the poster child for perseverance and determination. If we had more players like this kid we would not be in the **** mess we are in. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Unfortunately, after McCloud's performance against a defense that managed to make Bryce Miller look like an All-American we will be watching McCloud as the starting QB in 2021. 

Funny how that defense only allowed 38+ points to only one other team this year.
I get the McCloud hate though. Some would rather be right about McCloud sucking than seeing USF have success 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, USFbulls24 said:

Why unfortunately.  Maybe he actually, you know, improved.  You know, some people actually improve what they do through hard work and determination.  Watching McCloud bowl over a UCF defender told me everything I need to know about his desire and character.  

As far as Bryce Miller, this team needs more Bryce Millers, not less.  A guy that worked himself up from the bootstraps and is a valuable, hard working team guy.  Oh, and one that can catch the football as well.  Dude can play.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Worst hot take in years. Too bad you had to chop down the player who was the best wide out, has more heart than anyone on the team, and is the poster child for perseverance and determination. If we had more players like this kid we would not be in the **** mess we are in. 

Haha what? I appreciate Bryce Miller and like him plenty, but he's not some stud All-American WR. Relax. The point I was making is McCloud has been bad essentially his entire career and will be our starter in 2021 because he actually showed up against a swiss cheese defense. I give credit to both of those guys. They played their asses off, but I'm not excited about watching more Jordan McCloud football. I still think he's more like the player the previous 18+ (or however many) games than this past one.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Funny how that defense only allowed 38+ points to only one other team this year.
I get the McCloud hate though. Some would rather be right about McCloud sucking than seeing USF have success 

🙄. Okay. I don't think that was a very good defense on the field, but if you think they were then alright. I would like nothing more than for McCloud to prove me wrong I just have very little confidence in him after watching him stink for such a long time.

46 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Why unfortunately.  Maybe he actually, you know, improved.  You know, some people actually improve what they do through hard work and determination.  Watching McCloud bowl over a UCF defender told me everything I need to know about his desire and character.  

As far as Bryce Miller, this team needs more Bryce Millers, not less.  A guy that worked himself up from the bootstraps and is a valuable, hard working team guy.  Oh, and one that can catch the football as well.  Dude can play.

Never mentioned anything about his desire and character. He seems like a fantastic kid based on everything I've read and seen. That doesn't mean he has the talent to take USF anywhere significant which is my viewpoint on him as a QB. 

Unfortunately because I don't see that one game and forget about the rest of the games I've watched him play QB. This is his 3rd year in college football with 1 of them being a redshirt. His career TD/INT is 21 to 10. Of those 21 TDs, 7 of them have come against South Carolina State, Citadel, and Uconn. I just don't think he's very good. Again, I would like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and become some awesome QB for us, but I just can't ignore the entire body of work. 

I like Bryce Miller haha. I simply pointed out he's not an All-American college receiver and HE'S NOT. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,264
  • Days Won:  25

24 minutes ago, USFbulls24 said:

Never mentioned anything about his desire and character. He seems like a fantastic kid based on everything I've read and seen. That doesn't mean he has the talent to take USF anywhere significant which is my viewpoint on him as a QB. 

Unfortunately because I don't see that one game and forget about the rest of the games I've watched him play QB. This is his 3rd year in college football with 1 of them being a redshirt. His career TD/INT is 21 to 10. Of those 21 TDs, 7 of them have come against South Carolina State, Citadel, and Uconn. I just don't think he's very good. Again, I would like nothing more than for him to prove me wrong and become some awesome QB for us, but I just can't ignore the entire body of work. 

I like Bryce Miller haha. I simply pointed out he's not an All-American college receiver and HE'S NOT. 

All of your points are valid.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, USFbulls24 said:

Kinda using the entire body of work thing the same way the CWT deniers use it against him. He indeed has a 21/10 TD/INT career ratio but that ration this year is 9/2. He improved from 55% completion rate last year to 62% this year. Again, I'm not saying he's definitely our guy for the next 2 years but he's not Matt Freaking Floyd either. What you want to see is improvement from year to year and I think he's made enough of a case to be the starter next year

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

McCloud is a solid QB at this point in his career.  As has been pointed out, he was a 62% passer.  That's pretty good.  Really good actually.  He only threw 2 INT's.  That's also really good.  He had issues with fumbling vs. Temple, but he has corrected that, it seems.  That's also good.  A 21 to 10 TD ratio for career is also decent.  The other knock on him was supposed poor arm strength.  You don't need to be Patrick Mahomes and throw the ball 80 yards to be succesful at this level.  I saw McCloud continually hitting guys 30 yards down field in stride vs. UCF with zero problems.  He didn't throw any true long balls in this game, but I feel like he can be decent hitting long balls.

USF's problems went far, far beyond McCloud this year.  Of course on a losing team the QB gets a lot of blame, even if the other 10 guys sucked.  I feel like McCloud has shown enough to be a part of the solution and turn around.  I would like nothing better than to be right about that.  And if he comes in and stinks it up next year, I will be first in line calling for another guy, but I feel like he has earned the right to go into next year as the starter without having to constantly look over his shoulder.