• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, PingBull said:

This thread is a waste of space.

What would you like to talk about?

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

22 hours ago, puc86 said:

Taggart wasn’t required to lose for 2.5 years in order to get to winning any more than Jeff Scott is currently and had Taggart continued his patient path he would have been gone by year 3. CJS has more talent on this roster than CWT had and CJS does not seem to be positioning himself to be the recruiting juggernaut that CWT was. No one needs to be patient CJS needs to do better and there is no better time to start that than immediately.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Taggart's first year our first year out of a BCS conference and into a G5 conference? So therefore he technically had BCS talent playing against G5 and he STILL struggled.

In terms of competition, CWT had more talent than CJS.

CJS has FCS talent playing G5 talent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

So have we fired our 1st year head coach, who was left with zero talent, couldn't properly recruit, train, mentor, and work with his staff due to a pandemic?

Asking for a friend 

We should have no issue hiring another coach who wants to work under those circumstances...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No one actually wants to fire Jeff Scott or thinks it is actually feasible, they just want him to do better than CCS which apparently is too much to ask so how about at least as well as CCS? 

I'm pretty sure everybody here (well, except you maybe) wants him to do better than any football coach we've ever had .....

Just now, Triple B said:

I'm pretty sure everybody here (well, except you maybe) wants him to do better than any football coach we've ever had .....

I want him to do better than anyone that we have ever had where we differ on opinions is whether moving forward requires going back to a starting point below anywhere that we have ever been before. In order to start being the best we have to start with the first improvement so that we can move on to continuous improvement. The time to start doing anything better than the people you replaced is now and by this point there should be something tangible that we can hang our hope hats on. 

11 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Taggart's first year our first year out of a BCS conference and into a G5 conference? So therefore he technically had BCS talent playing against G5 and he STILL struggled.

In terms of competition, CWT had more talent than CJS.

CJS has FCS talent playing G5 talent.

I am probably overstating my position just a tad as I am known to do but I think you would be shocked at how close those rankings are between CCS and CSH.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I want him to do better than anyone that we have ever had where we differ on opinions is whether moving forward requires going back to a starting point below anywhere that we have ever been before. In order to start being the best we have to start with the first improvement so that we can move on to continuous improvement. The time to start doing anything better than the people you replaced is now and by this point there should be something tangible that we can hang our hope hats on. 

And right now there's not ..... so if you don't him fired, what's your end game with this? It's getting really old ....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

And right now there's not ..... so if you don't him fired, what's your end game with this? It's getting really old ....

IDK that I have one, I just do not care for the failure is inevitable and he is right where we should expect for this moment narrative. Improving a bad situation is possible pretty close to immediately and there is evidence that facing the exact adversity others are able to over come it. CJS is not at current living up to even the lowest of expectations that were set for him coming in and he needs to start getting to the improvement portion of his on boarding. I know apologist posts on here do not necessarily reflect his personal feelings but I guess I worry that he too thinks he is fortune's fool and cannot make the changes necessary to improve today, this attitude will always set people up for the failure we are currently seeing because there is no ownership of your situation which does not give the burning desire necessary to fix it.  

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

there is evidence that facing the exact adversity others are able to over come it.

Nobody faces the exact adversity. Every situation has different aspects. The UTSA is one that's close but nobody knows the personnel situation there compared to here.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Nobody faces the exact adversity. Every situation has different aspects. The UTSA is one that's close but nobody knows the personnel situation there compared to here.

They are more similar than they are different and whatever small differences that may exist should not account for a .350 difference in results, yet here we are.