• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Most people would objectively say 1 win 3-4 wins and 6 wins would be horrible and grounds for termination then there is a disconnect when they describe what they think would be a good job for CJS. CJS has taken a path of failure based every bit as much on his decisions as with the players he was left with by CCS. Every day it becomes more clear that there was in fact enough talent to compete in the AAC and once again the coaches are the missing component of that success. He has to do better and there is nothing wrong with having minimum expectations for someone in a position of power.

That's a weird way of saying "no, I don't have a link"

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You just wasted 30 seconds of your life Chapel 😂

Not the first and sure it won't be the last. 😁

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

That's a weird way of saying "no, I don't have a link"

Not the first and sure it won't be the last. 😁

Semantics. There are plenty of people that say doing something that would be labeled horrible would be great for CJS but they did not say being horrible in and of itself would be great.

17 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

We should progress year-over-year, but if you are expecting tangible progress in the form of the scoreboard week-over-week for 10 weeks you aren't going to get that. Progress isn't a straight line.

It should have a fairly straight trend line otherwise it’s not progress it’s hope that one day things will progress, our line fell off a cliff and is now flat across the bottom of the graph. This is the opposite of progress, this is failure at the lowest level.

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That's not typically how development works, but if that's how you think, I'll give you a little warning - the next calendar year is going to be pretty terrible for you as it relates to USF football. You may not want to watch and just check back in a year.

That is not how this development is working but that is most certainly how all development works. You create an improvement you measure that improvement you make improvements to the improvement and then you keep going. We have yet to get our first measurable improvement and that means we aren’t developing, this is called digression. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That is not how this development is working but that is most certainly how all development works. You create an improvement you measure that improvement you make improvements to the improvement and then you keep going. We have yet to get our first measurable improvement and that means we aren’t developing, this is called digression. 

So does that mean your not going to take a year off from the board? 😂🤣🤣🤣

Just now, brybull1970 said:

What's your KPI for improvement then? 7 games into a rebuild.

That’s super funny I was just about to ask you to name a KPI you would say CJS is doing markedly better than CCS in. College football only has two KPIs in my opinion winning and recruiting, if you are losing at all of those things I am sure you can get more granular but ultimately if you aren’t tracking on those things no one gives a ****. 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So does that mean your not going to take a year off from the board? 😂🤣🤣🤣

Next year... just like Usf football. I’m sure a time will come in life where I will take forever off.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Next year... just like Usf football. I’m sure a time will come in life where I will take forever off.

We are just a few more Memphis games from shutting it down ourselfs 😂

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We are just a few more Memphis games from shutting it down ourselfs 😂

I was alluding more to the fact that eventually I will die. Only CJL can live forever because he will always have a place in our hearts.

13 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Okay, so if its wins how do you account for the variables such as opposition week to week, varying talent level year over year, instillation of a new coaching staff and system during a pandemic.

I mean if all those variables were identical then I might agree with you, but they aren't - so how are you accounting for those variables in your KPI of wins just 7 games into a season?

Variables equalize themselves as the weeks progress and our SOS this season is worse than our SOS last season, we aren’t playing ND every week and yet our results remain the same. Last season we also implemented a new system and getting results far better than this resulted in termination. CJS is not unique in any of the adversity he is facing but what is uniquely defining his tenure here is complete and total failure. Not winning a single FBS game while playing in a middling conference that is having an even further down year is enough to have all of your KPIs just be a giant red block, this isn’t what building on improvement looks like.