• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Cincy being in the top 10...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

just because they aren't good at running our current system does not mean they will be any better at running any other system. Option linemen are more athletic and are better run blockers. They use a completely different blocking technique. You don't take subpar guys that were developed and recruited as pass blockers and turn them into serviceable option linemen.

What you are suggesting is that our coaches should come in and run an offensive system that they have never had any experience with. They should be able to teach our players who don't have the right set of skills to run this offense and they should be able to do it in less than a year while quarantined. It's beyond ridiculous that you even suggest this.

They seem over powered and since they are at this level it makes me assume they must have some skill set which makes me rationalize that they must be athletic. I recognize that there is probably a decent chance that we would fail at running the triple option but when you are completely failing you can’t just keep doing the same thing and hoping for different results. Our fish have already demonstrated that they can’t climb trees and while I may not be positive of what system is the water they can swim in I am positive of what is not.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are now entering The Puclight Zone

image.png

Everyone gets sucked in at some point, which I always find shocking. Ennui is an odd motivator or maybe it’s bravado.

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Okay, I couldn't even get through this one.  You must be getting better (or worse?)

I am imagine perspective would play a role in the answer to this but I’m of the opinion that my posting, much like The Lord of the Flies, devolves with the program. I want to be happy, I want to be positive and I want USF Football to give me any reason to be.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

On 11/3/2020 at 11:01 AM, puc86 said:

I forgot that was the only game we actually threw to a tight end but for the most part the TE position is not utilized by KB and was a non factor also we have Ford this year to be utilized since we have not decided to put him in the dog house, yet.

Just think if you get rid of your tickets you can use that money to hire someone to do the floors for you 

If  I recall correctly we barely held on to win.  Came down to the last defensive play. 

Also, BYU played the last quarter with a 3rd string QB.

I could be wrong on this one, but wasn't this the game where whoever our QB was (McCloud) just threw up a rainbow to no one in particular and Brinkman came out of nowhere for the most amazing TD of the year?

We were lucky to beat BYU last year.

3 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

If  I recall correctly we barely held on to win.  Came down to the last defensive play. 

Also, BYU played the last quarter with a 3rd string QB.

I could be wrong on this one, but wasn't this the game where whoever our QB was (McCloud) just threw up a rainbow to no one in particular and Brinkman came out of nowhere for the most amazing TD of the year?

We were lucky to beat BYU last year.

I have no doubt that luck played a role in some wins and some losses last season, I’m just confused why only bad luck seems to shine on the team this season. Either it has something to do with what we are doing to not be in position for luck to shine on us or we are just the unluckiest bunch but either way it’s not off to a swimming start for our current crew.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have no doubt that luck played a role in some wins and some losses last season, I’m just confused why only bad luck seems to shine on the team this season. Either it has something to do with what we are doing to not be in position for luck to shine on us or we are just the unluckiest bunch but either way it’s not off to a swimming start for our current crew.

I don't see any sign of bad luck this year. Have you taken a look at the size of the players on our roster?  Have you seen how our DL stops to get the mail when they try to rush the passer. 

Please show me another FBS roster with their 2 best backs top out at 170lbs. We have 1 WR taller than 6'2"  the rest would still not be tallest in the room full of 8th graders. 

We have 2 guys at LB that aren't quite average size in our league and the rest may be average size for safeties. 

At this point we still don't have an FBS level QB that is available.

Throw in the fact that we have played 3 top 10 teams and, despite the fact that this league is not as bad as some may think it is, (simply because there are no glamour teams) and I don't see where luck comes into play. 

When you have 2 top 10 teams and several other in or close to top 25 teams the league ain't that bad. 

I may complain as much as anyone about the results.  I am also realistic about how long it takes to completely remake the program. If you can't see that Strong decimated this team you may want to go back and study what it takes to build a winning foundation. 

Y'all want to put the roof on when the cement for the foundation is not dry yet. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I don't see any sign of bad luck this year. Have you taken a look at the size of the players on our roster?  Have you seen how our DL stops to get the mail when they try to rush the passer. 

Please show me another FBS roster with their 2 best backs top out at 170lbs. We have 1 WR taller than 6'2"  the rest would still not be tallest in the room full of 8th graders. 

We have 2 guys at LB that aren't quite average size in our league and the rest may be average size for safeties. 

At this point we still don't have an FBS level QB that is available.

Throw in the fact that we have played 3 top 10 teams and, despite the fact that this league is not as bad as some may think it is, (simply because there are no glamour teams) and I don't see where luck comes into play. 

When you have 2 top 10 teams and several other in or close to top 25 teams the league ain't that bad. 

I may complain as much as anyone about the results.  I am also realistic about how long it takes to completely remake the program. If you can't see that Strong decimated this team you may want to go back and study what it takes to build a winning foundation. 

Y'all want to put the roof on when the cement for the foundation is not dry yet. 

they haven't torn the old house down yet...

good points. it all comes down to recruiting.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, puc86 said:

To be honest I know it’s not a popular take but with what we have I would have honestly considered no starting McCloud and running the triple option and if I was too afraid of getting stoned I would probably start McCloud and run pretty close to the Gulf Coast Offense.

I'll give you this. It's probably no worse than any other idea to try with this talent level.