• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Cincy being in the top 10...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

honestly I only care if he can recruit. that's how you win in college.

nobody was going to come in and revolutionize the game with their play calling and the lowest rated QB in the AAC, last I checked we weren't going to bring in the top assistants from Alabama to help him and signing transfers at the last minute is always a crapshoot especially when spring is cancelled and half the players miss time due to the virus(hint: they left their other schools for a reason).

It's obvious that you are trying to protect Leavitt's legacy.  You made the same tired arguments about Taggart's lack of early success. 10 months into Scott's tenure with all he has dealt with is absurd though.

I am perfectly fine with someone doing better I’m just waiting for the day when it happens and I absolutely felt this way when CWT got here because his original plan was completely horrible and had he continued the Harbaugh path he would have ended up unemployable. I am glad he pivoted and we were all better served for it and it would have been nice to see how that story could have ended. I hope CJS’ saving grace is recruiting but he hardly has been lighting the world on fire and he does not seem to have any great Florida connections. Sure I agree that I don’t need a revolutionary coach for X’s and O’s But there most certainly has been approaches that have worked better here than others, we probably should only hire people that buy into those. I just want CJS to start doing anything that points to a turnaround because so far it seems like and accelerated path to oblivion but with better sound bites and a sunnier disposition.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Puc is the best, and I do mean that ....... just not sure he’ll appreciate the best what. 

You know me well enough to know that I appreciate however that sentence ends. I think that what differentiates me from some other posters that seem to have similar paths is that I appreciate when I am inflammatory or make myself a lighting rod and that I take it in stride never attacking anyone, getting angry or telling on other posters for being mean to me and I even make jokes about it that indicate that I am somewhat self aware.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

No one disagrees that our current roster is not going to allow anyone to go undefeated what I take umbrage with is that it’s not talented enough to go .500 in the AAC and that it was completely decimated in a single season but that it will take three seasons to get back to where it started. The current talent level was able to beat the number 9 team in the country one year ago  and if that much can change in a single season it would be nice to see our current coach get on the positive side of that change instead of seeing how far we can plummet.

That game was a fluke....there are fluke games every year. By the way, BYU played their redshirt freshman QB in his first ever game. They made a deal about it because he was the first African American QB to ever start for BYU. BYU went on to beat #14 Boise St. after losing to USF (also the third loss in a row for BYU that season, lost to Washington, Toledo, USF in that order) BYU also finished the season 7-6.

McCloud was 7-14 for 72 yds passing in that game...FLUKE

FLUKE.JPG

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, Bull94 said:

honestly I only care if he can recruit. that's how you win in college.

nobody was going to come in and revolutionize the game with their play calling and the lowest rated QB in the AAC, last I checked we weren't going to bring in the top assistants from Alabama to help him and signing transfers at the last minute is always a crapshoot especially when spring is cancelled and half the players miss time due to the virus(hint: they left their other schools for a reason).

It's obvious that you are trying to protect Leavitt's legacy.  You made the same tired arguments about Taggart's lack of early success. 10 months into Scott's tenure with all he has dealt with is absurd though.

Yup. Slick salesman Taggart struck recruiting gold and turned the team around.

Nobody, not even St. Jim could do anything with the players Strong left us with. If people are arguing differently they need to find a new hobby. The broken record is old.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

15 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am perfectly fine with someone doing better I’m just waiting for the day when it happens and I absolutely felt this way when CWT got here because his original plan was completely horrible and had he continued the Harbaugh path he would have ended up unemployable. I am glad he pivoted and we were all better served for it and it would have been nice to see how that story could have ended. I hope CJS’ saving grace is recruiting but he hardly has been lighting the world on fire and he does not seem to have any great Florida connections. Sure I agree that I don’t need a revolutionary coach for X’s and O’s But there most certainly has been approaches that have worked better here than others, we probably should only hire people that buy into those. I just want CJS to start doing anything that points to a turnaround because so far it seems like and accelerated path to oblivion but with better sound bites and a sunnier disposition.

With this cast of players let us know what plays you would call on offense that have any chance of working?  You know, ones that involve an offensive line and a QB.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

With this cast of players let us know what plays you would call on offense that have any chance of working?  You know, ones that involve an offensive line and a QB.  

First down punting.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

To be honest I know it’s not a popular take but with what we have I would have honestly considered no starting McCloud and running the triple option and if I was too afraid of getting stoned I would probably start McCloud and run pretty close to the Gulf Coast Offense.

43 minutes ago, puc86 said:

To be honest I know it’s not a popular take but with what we have I would have honestly considered no starting McCloud and running the triple option and if I was too afraid of getting stoned I would probably start McCloud and run pretty close to the Gulf Coast Offense.

Don't think you install the triple option for one or two years.  How do we know we aren't seeing a version of the GCO and just can't tell because of the personnel?  I'm joking, kind of, about that last part.

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't think you install the triple option for one or two years.  How do we know we aren't seeing a version of the GCO and just can't tell because of the personnel?  I'm joking, kind of, about that last part.

That’s fair enough about not implementing triple option for a short stint but I beg the question are we actually building towards something right now that we would be afraid of losing the progress of?

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

That’s fair enough about not implementing triple option for a short stint but I beg the question are we actually building towards something right now that we would be afraid of losing the progress of?

Don't think Scott was hired to run the option. You would hire a guy that knows that system