• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comments from CJS at today’s presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I always get jealous when i see some team that was a dumpster fire have a good run in year 2 or 3 and announcers talk about their recent records and give props. I want to be that team again. We were that team in 2015 and it's not unreasonable that this team has to wait 4-5 years to be competitive and win games again. He's got some warm takes but he's not wrong, he can't fix the past, but can make the right moves and get this team on the winning track again. Doesn't mean he has to go 10-2 next year (though we'd all take it). I'm not as burnt out as a fan as I've had little time to be as rabid as i used to be so it's easier to dismiss the suckage.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

So 1 game? Lol.

Just messing with ya. We had a lot of big games back then. We have big games lined up now but it will take CJS time to get us to the point where we don't get pulverized.

I would say all three of those loses, plus that Sun Bowl beat down for that season were all big games.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Any game when you’re #2 in the nation is a big game.

So, we had one big game?  Small sample size.

21 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

...Sun Bowl beat down for that season were all big games.

If you think the Sun Bowl was a big game, you definitely have a different definition.  

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Brad said:

If you think the Sun Bowl was a big game, you definitely have a different definition.  

I think, focused on that season, it was. We got stomped out that game too, proving that the number 2 ranking was probably an anomaly.

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I think, focused on that season, it was. We got stomped out that game too, proving that the number 2 ranking was probably an anomaly.

It was postseason...a bowl game with little meaning.  It would have been nice to win.  Leavitt always treated bowl games far differently.  They're meaningless and he wanted the players to enjoy trip and the area, right or wrong.

Of course #2 is an anomaly, history indicates that.  Rankings are garbage anyway.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Brad said:

It was postseason...a bowl game with little meaning.  It would have been nice to win.  Leavitt always treated bowl games far differently.  They're meaningless and he wanted the players to enjoy trip and the area, right or wrong.

Of course #2 is an anomaly, history indicates that.  Rankings are garbage anyway.  

It only he could have kept the players out of Juarez.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 10/30/2020 at 4:17 AM, Outlaw said:

AT CJS doesn't want to accept mediocrity and clean out the players that do. That is about the only positive this year.

cjs needs to change the culture

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, smazza said:

cjs needs to change the culture

IS changing the culture. And, IMO, the length of the change is directly related to the amount of change needed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

I think CJS is the right coach the question is can he evaluate talent and recruit. We can improve quickly if we pick up some talent on the portal and get buy in from the players . Long term we need to recruit...If not in 3 years CJS is gone and CJL will return and we will RISE LIKE A PHOENIX FROM THE ASHES AND TO TAKE OUR RIGHTFUL PLACE AMONG COLLEGE FOOTBALL ROYALTY ................or we might continue to suck and dissolve the program

• Haha 1