• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comments from CJS at today’s presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Anybody who talks about Leavitt being outcoached just has no perspective of how fast he made this team good. There are no other examples of new programs in major conferences doing what USF did. Again, no perspective. It takes time, but fans dont understand patience.

Well, he had two things instantly going for him.

1. Location

2. Automatic Bid for the BCS bowl games because of the conference 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

There is literally nothing CJS has to do with what has happened in the past. All I know is that today, 10/31/2020, he seems to be the right guy. 

We have to stop blaming the past or getting exasperated about what hasn't happened yet or where we are.

If we are a program where no positive statement is welcome, no leadership is welcome, because it's not fair where we are, or he just doesn't get it, or we are tired of losing, we will never get back up.

He is trying to move on, get better, and offer leadership. I won't tell other TBP members what to do, but I know I personally am on board.

The only thing worse than losing year in and year out is moping about it rather than having hope and supporting a man who is trying to do something about it.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I appreciate his vision. It isn't lost on me that when we were having winning seasons, we were only winning because our conference was so bad. Now that we are losing, everyone in our conference seems to be a league above us. 

I chock this all up to the ebb and flow of college football. If CJS means what he's saying and attracts like minded players, we're going to be something to deal with. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

34 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Well, he had two things instantly going for him.

1. Location

2. Automatic Bid for the BCS bowl games because of the conference 

Did we move?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, hm101 said:

There is literally nothing CJS has to do with what has happened in the past. All I know is that today, 10/31/2020, he seems to be the right guy. 

We have to stop blaming the past or getting exasperated about what hasn't happened yet or where we are.

If we are a program where no positive statement is welcome, no leadership is welcome, because it's not fair where we are, or he just doesn't get it, or we are tired of losing, we will never get back up.

He is trying to move on, get better, and offer leadership. I won't tell other TBP members what to do, but I know I personally am on board.

The only thing worse than losing year in and year out is moping about it rather than having hope and supporting a man who is trying to do something about it.  

I mean he is the one that brought up the past 10 years and how being .500 isn’t good enough which is a pretty hot take when you are going to go .100 and you will be lucky to get to .500 in a half of a decade you are comparing yourself to.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Mango028 said:

He couldnt win big games

Define big games.  He won big games that put us on TV and the CFB map.  The fact he didn't win the BCS conference is worth crying over.

• Content Count:  3,417

I saw CJS brought in Dungey to talk to the team. Thats a hell of a resource to have local.  I like the CJS philosophy. I believe it will pay off but unfortunately for us it's going to take time and we are worn the F out as fans. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

50 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

It takes time, but fans dont understand patience.

Or donors, or administrators.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Did we move?

Got me there.

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Define big games.  He won big games that put us on TV and the CFB map.  The fact he didn't win the BCS conference is worth crying over.

Any game when you’re #2 in the nation is a big game.

• Content Count:  3,417

1 minute ago, Peatearpan said:

Any game when you’re #2 in the nation is a big game.

So 1 game? Lol.

Just messing with ya. We had a lot of big games back then. We have big games lined up now but it will take CJS time to get us to the point where we don't get pulverized.